Highlighted

Scrolling in Acrobat Pro DC on Mac with search bar open is extremely slow

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 'Continuous Release' version 2020.009.20074 on a late-model MacBook Pro.

I have noticed that if I scroll through a document with the 'search' window open (ie, after searching for a word), the scroll is extremely laggy and slow.  I have seen a number of posts on the community forum about this issue, but no solutions.

Please can you advise how to fix this issue? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Scrolling in Acrobat Pro DC on Mac with search bar open is extremely slow

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 'Continuous Release' version 2020.009.20074 on a late-model MacBook Pro.

I have noticed that if I scroll through a document with the 'search' window open (ie, after searching for a word), the scroll is extremely laggy and slow.  I have seen a number of posts on the community forum about this issue, but no solutions.

Please can you advise how to fix this issue? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 13, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jrglvl

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the scrolling is slow and laggy

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF fiel or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Also, try switching to read mode (CTRL-H) and check the scrolling and then switch back to normal view (CTRL -H again) and check the scrolling speed.

If the PDF is stored on a shared network/drive please download the file to your computer and check for the issue.

Please try the following preferences and see if that makes any difference.

• Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Reader / Adobe Acrobat DC (Mac) > Preferences > Page Display >Select Single Page Continuous under page layout.

If it still doesn't work, try to disable the protected mode and Enhanced Security. Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Reader / Adobe Acrobat DC (Mac) > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Turn OFF the Protected Mode and Uncheck Enhanced Security. Restart the application and check.

Note: Switching OFF the security is for the testing purpose only, please turn ON the security after testing, irrespective of the result.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

In relation to your questions:

- Yes, this happens with all PDF files. I have tried multiple PDF files.
- No, switching to read mode (which is shift+command+H on a mac) and
switching back does not fix the problem.
- No, the file is not stored on a shared or network drive.
- No, adjusting the preferences to 'Single Page Continuous' did not fix
the problem.
- No, switching of 'Enhanced Security' and restarting the program did
not fix the problem.

Grateful if you could provide any other suggestions.

Kind regards,

James

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to double that:

I am a CC-subscriber, but for reading PDFs I am using Apple Preview because the stuttering choppy scrolling of PDFs is unbearable on an iMac with a Radeon Pro Vega graphic card. Latest version, all accessibility features turned off… 

In Apple Preview scrolling through pages is smooth as butter, in Acrobat the page jumps in 40 pixel jumps or more…

It's rididulous. ADOBE, show some love to the Adobe Acrobat on MAC!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the daelay in response. As the issue still persists, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root accoungt in Mac and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work please remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html , reboot the computer nd reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

The Acrobat Cleaner Tool says that it is not for use with Creative Cloud:

*"THIS TOOL IS NOT FOR USE WITH ANY CREATIVE SUITE PRODUCTS INCLUDING
SUITES THAT CONTAIN ACROBAT. IT CAN ONLY BE USED WITH STANDALONE VERSIONS
OF ACROBAT AND ADOBE READER."*

My understanding is that Acrobat Pro DC is part of Creative Cloud.

Is there anything else you suggest? Having a look at your message board
shows that this seems to be a common problem on Macs. Given the price of
this software I would be grateful if you could offer a solution that
actually works.

Kind regards,

James

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Just wondering if you've had time to come back to me on this?

Kind regards,

James

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Can you please give me instructions to cancel my Adobe subcription?  I have found that PDFElement Pro is cheaper and works better.

Kind regards,

James

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James

I am sorry for the delay in response.

To cancel the subscription, you may please follow the instructions given in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0