Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scrolling while using stylus to mark up pdf

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I was directed to post on here by one of the Adobe customer support agents, and told that one of the Adobe DC Pro experts would respond.

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to mark up PDFs on my tablet (surface pro X). A lot of other programmes (e.g. Drawboard PDF) automatically differentiate between stylus and finger touch allowing you to scroll with your finger while using the stylus to mark up the document. This is very intuitive and saves having to constantly switch between highter tool and scrolling tool each time I want to scroll down the document. Is there a way to get Acrobat Pro DC to differentiate between the stylus input and my finger so as to achieve the same functionality. 

Acrobat is in so many ways a more advanced programme than other PDF editors and there must be a way enable it to differentiate between finger scrolling and stylus highlighting, would be grateful if anyone can enlighten me. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

Currently, there is no option in the application that can differentiate between the stylus and the finger touch.

We do appreciate your suggestion for the feature. I would request you to shre your suggestion with the team using this feature request form https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Meenakshi,

I have suggested it on the forum but discovered (to my dismay) that the same issue had been identified by users 2 yerars ago and still nothing had been done. As I said in my post on the suggestions forum, most of my colleagues use alternative software simply because scrolling on Acrobat DC is so infuriating. 

I would be very grateful if you could pass this up your chain of command as the "wishforms" submitted by other users seem to have had no impact whatsoever - the request is not even listed a "under review".

Thanks

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Has any work been done on this feature? 

Clearly, Adobe DC can differentiate between Finger and (Surface) Pen, why are we not able to select what the pen does? 

I love the Adobe suite of products, but am considering looking for alternatives because of this seemingly simple issue. 

Best regards,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am seriously considering giving up on Adobe completely because of this issue as well. I hope they listen to these customers and do something about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines