Highlighted

Security digital signature

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way that I can see who has modified a PDF document and when like it is possible on a Word, Excel, etc. document.

As an exemple, I would like to be able to know who signed my document, because I want to make sure that it's truly my manager and not his administrative assistant because she have is digital signature.

P.S. I'm french, so please excuse my bad grammar !

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Security digital signature

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way that I can see who has modified a PDF document and when like it is possible on a Word, Excel, etc. document.

As an exemple, I would like to be able to know who signed my document, because I want to make sure that it's truly my manager and not his administrative assistant because she have is digital signature.

P.S. I'm french, so please excuse my bad grammar !

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible when the assistant has and use the digital signature of the manager.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF files don't have a "Track Changes" feature, although you can compare versions of the same file.

And a digital signature does not verify the identity of the signer, so no, you can't do either of those things.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0