• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Security zone registry setting is enabled. Please check. Error code:708

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to install Adobe DC. I am receiving this error message. It is happening for one user and other users is able to install just fine. How to resolve this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthony,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are getting the error 'Security zone registry setting is enabled. Please check. Error code:708'

Please check the correct answer marked in a similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams/security-zone-registry-settings-is-enabled-error-cod... and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice job linking this post to a thread where there were'nt any real fixes Amal.

Anthony, did you figure it out? This only happened to use when we updated our MS Endpoint Manager Security baselines to the December 2020 version. We're currently trying to figure out what changed in the baselines that might be contributing to this.

Like always, Adobe products are the only apps affected....Their competitors apps work just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you found an answer already but i had the same problem installing Creative Cloud.

The setting "Internet Explorer security zones use only machine settings" in the MS Decmeber 2020 baseline was enabled. Swtiching to disabled and syncing with Intune allowed the installer to run for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a life saver man. Might I ask how you came by this conclusion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how this works, but it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use this Microsoft Support guidance:

And also see here:

Based on what I've been reading, it seems like there is a lot bits and pieces that involve   Micrososft design alone rather than Acrobat as the only faulty program.

For example, the first link that I provided above is an article that provides advanced configuration tips; check the notes in this particular  section:

If a user can't be prevented from changing these settings, even if you've  set the Security Zones: Use only machine settings to enabled, and, let's say that by default your Group Policy can't prevent  whatever settings are messed around with by the user in the Internet Explorer browser, then we have a serious integration issue between MS Windows, Internet Explorer 11, and Acrobat.

I have pointed out this integration issue many times in these forums, and often ignored.

And because this observation has been ignored everytime I mention about it, I will ask one more time in this discussion:

Would you get the same error if you just switch to the new Microsoft Edge web browser, which even Microsoft itself is suggesting  before Internet Explorer is phased out by 2022 ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me as well, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came accross this link:

It may be relevant to this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all.

Try this fix, "Will need admin level to make the changes"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\

Edit : Security_HKLM_only
Change to Value 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines