• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seeking webinar for making documents accessible

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe created a webinar on making documents accessible? And if so, where can I find it?

Thanks for any suggestions you have on finding good tools for learning how to make documents accessible. I'm particularly interested in learning more about fillable forms and forms with tables. 

Thank you

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not from Adobe and isn’t a webinar, but you might wanna look on accessible-pdf.info. I wrote about InDesign and the reading order and mentioned form elements. Do yourself a favour and do the hard work in InDesign and not in Acrobat.

Generally, forms shouldn’t be made with tables because isn’t semantically correct. I haven’t have followed this rule when the infomation within the form, actually the labels are placed in two directions (horizontally and vertically). I would love to hear what others mean about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend as well that you research which standards you will follow. Different countries and institutions, and even clients will have different requirementsto respect. It is good to know what you will measure your goals against.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

as far as i know, there are no tutorials about "how to make accessible files with indesign" from Adobe.

There are some videos on youtube, but i dont know about their quality (there is much nonsense about accessible pdf itself to be found in the web) [i posted several articles and video, even a book, too – but almost all in german].

Regarding Forms:

1. Build it in indesign is better than doing the job afterwards in acrobat
  2. You need some basic accessibility knowledge, especially regarding pdf
  3. in general (see, as mentioned, accessible-pdf.info too):
    – use para style, assign tag
    – definine reading order (not Z-Order, use articles panel)
    – define alt text for picture AND description for form fields and if needed export values
    – define metadata
    – export file (the right way) 
    – indesign itself is not capable to procudes errorless files, so afterwards you need to fix some stuff in acrobat or other tools (not needed using MadeToTag, see below)

Using tables for form will gerate a table structure in the tagged pdf. Most often this is sematically not correct, as pixelstrolch mentioned. You can rearrange tags in Acrobat, but thats quite time consumptioning and can lead to problems/errors. The only way to avoid this: Dont use tables in InDesign, or use the Plugin axaio MadeToTag.

There will be a 3 part webinar in july about gereating accesssible pdf with indesign and MadeToTag. It is about basic pdf/indesign accessibility (e.g. laws and standards, as Eric_Dumas mentioned) and how to generate files. Of course the focus will be MadeToTag, but much relevant stuff for indesign will be mentioned, too, e.g. a small part about forms (and you get some checklists and other stuff). This will be announced this/next week, if you are intrested, just visit axaios website.

Hope this helps, Klaas

--
www.einmanncombo.de
www.xing.com/profile/klaas_posselt
www.linkedin.com/in/einmanncombo
www.twitter.com/einmanncombo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some seminars on LinkedIn. I think you'll also find some info (although it may be "premium" content) on https://creativepro.com/indesign/

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may consider contacting Bevi Chagon and see if she conducts classes or webinars.

You can message Bevi at:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1835976

(Also, look at some of the previous posts--you might glean a lot of info from them.)

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Accessible InDesign + PDF class (live online classroom) is held several times throughout the year. Check www.pubcom.com/classes for our calendar.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"as far as i know, there are no tutorials about "how to make accessible files with indesign" from Adobe"

You should read this one:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/creating-accessible-pdfs.html

workflow.PNG.img

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed in the meanwhile Adobe wrote this.

But i need to mention: This is not up to date any more (you dont need to define language in Acrobat) and some critical issues are not metioned, too (articles panel work ignore by default). 

And you like to have PDF/UA compliant files, this will not work, too.

--
www.einmanncombo.de
www.xing.com/profile/klaas_posselt
www.linkedin.com/in/einmanncombo
www.twitter.com/einmanncombo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[Link Removed]

Please provide more context to your post rather than simply posting a link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines