Exit

Selecting Whole Document

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My preferred way to view documents in DC Pro is "single page view"

This allows me to change page with a single scroll wheel click

Unfortunately, when I use CTRL+A to select all text, only select the current page is selected - is there a way to keep to single page view AND be able to select the whole document text with CTRL+A?

A secondary point is that when trying to find help for this issue, if the user cannot find an existing answer to a problem, there seems to be no way to directly contact Adobe with this question, hence I am posting here

Thanks in advance for any advice provided

*** Update ***

There is a way to contact support via chat, I found it buried in the account settings (naturally the user has to have an account and log into it)

After following their instructions to completely remove DC Pro then re-install....no change

Thanks to all who replied

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- No.

- Here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

You're more likely to get help here, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured there was no way to do it, thanks for the reply

I tried the regular help without success, hence the post

Considering what Adobe charge for their software, I would expect at least a way to email them direct for support

I'm sure there's a way but I can't seem to find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't. Adobe doesn't provide email support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, support doesn't cover "how-to's", only technical/customer-related issues. They would have just sent you here or to an online tutorial, most likely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply

I think this is actually a bug but don't know how to report it to them, just selecting single page view should not make it impossible to select the whole document with CTRL+A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does you assume that this is a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a bug. Maybe it's inconvenient to you, but it does make sense. If you select the Single Page view then it means you only want to work on that single page at a time. You can easily switch to Continuous View, press Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C and then switch back to Single Page view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you have a point, but I think the point of "CTRL+A" is to select all, not just the page you are reading

that can be accomplished by manually selecting just the page on display but CTRL+A is by definition, "select all"

I still believe this is a bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is also available in Acrobat Reader:

Acrobat_cGdCBboJhp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines