• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Self-tracking form with current start and stop time fields

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a self-tracking form in which employees have to mark the time of day they started and stopped working on a task multiple times throughout the form.

Is there a way to script fields to automatically fill in the current time several times in the same document?

Thanks!

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (32-bit)

TOPICS
How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's possible. What do you want to trigger this action, though? Do you have a separate button for it? Or should it happen when the user clicks on the field? Or when they open the file? etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either buttons or triggered when the user clicks on a field.  Since there will be multiple time logs, I won't be able to use the time they opened the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got nothing against using PDF forms when appropriate.  But this sounds like you need a time tracking system, not a PDF.

Try this, it's free.

https://clockify.me/

5 Best Time tracking Apps of 2021

https://zapier.com/blog/best-time-tracking-apps/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This document will be utilized in the midst of a 2 company merger.  Both companies have their own method of doing things (most of them outdated).  I'm attempting to streamline the documentation both companies want recorded, without making any huge changes.  Company A wants to keep track of how much time each person spends on a task (specifically start and stop times) and Company B wants record of the details of the task.

I'm exploring ways to accomplish this on an Excel sheet as well, but I'm not aware of a "timestamp" feature on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, and should it only be the time, or the full date and time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the time, this one doc will be used throughout the day, and a new doc the following day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then let's say you have a button that you want to populate a field called Time1 with the current time (in 24-hour format). You can use the following code as that button's Mouse Up event to do it:

this.getField("Time1").value = util.printd("HH:MM", new Date());

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines