• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send for signature tool missing in Acrobat DC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I received an error saying the server was unavailable when I tried to upload a PDF to send for signature. After a few hours, a new message popped up saying I wasn't connected to the Internet (though I was). After finally struggling with it all day, I decided to uninstall and reinstall. Now the Send for Signature tool has disappeared. I used it yesterday without issue, but today has been a different story. Restarting and reinstalling didn't work.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

My Send for Signature Tool re-appeared earlier today. I suspect it related to a server issue on the Adobe side as shortly after I tried sending for signature via the Document Cloud Files link from within the account and I was unable. A message indicated the servers was having temporary issues and that I should try later. Additionally the support section showed a banner indicating Adobe was suffering issues. If this was the cause, it would be useful if Acrobat could indicate that there is a probl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please share the following details:-

1. Machine configuration like OS version etc.

2. Acrobat version (Go to Help->About Adobe Acrobat Pro DC)

3. User id with you have logged in Acrobat.

4. Are you able to see Send for signature tool in Tools section ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked just now and the tool is finally appearing. Very odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem as of this morning. Our business has two Adobe ID's. On both PC's Adobe Acrobat indicates no internet connection if you attempt to Send for Signature - even though there is a connection. After entering the email address for the recipient my PC lost the 'Send for Signature Tool' completely. I tried reinstalling Adobe Acrobat from Adobe Cloud. Send for Signature re-appeared but again indicated no internet connection. Tried to enter the email address again, and 'Send for Signature option' tool disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this same problem.  Have used the "send for signature" tool MANY times this past year.  Suddenly today, I try to send a document through the "send for signature" tool, and it says I'm not connected to the internet (which I was).  Then, after closing and re-opening Acrobat, the "send for signature" tool is gone.  At the bottom of the screen is a link to the adobe cloud registration, and when clicked, it takes me to the "Adobe Sign" page, and wants me to pay for that app??  I sure hope that the "send for signature" is not now only available by purchasing yet another application...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem: only able to select between 'Get a link' and 'Request signatures' - no 'Send a copy'. (maybe not same wording as my language is not English)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, too. I was using the "send for signature" tool earlier today. Then I also received a notification that I wasn't connected to the internet, even though I was. Now the "send for signature" tool has completely disappeared. It's not in the tool bar and I can't search for it. The only "send for" tool that pops up when I search is "send for comments." How do I get "send for signature" back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact experience for me.  Can't get Send for Signature back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am having the exact same problem, Acrobat says there is no internet connection, when there is, then the send for signature goes away completely.  I uninstalled, "cleaned" with Adobe cleaner, and installed Acrobat again and there is no send for signature at all.

How do I get "send for signature" back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the snapshot of all the tools under Tools section.

Also please execute the following steps below and let us know if it does not help

1. Sign out from the application ( Go  to Help-> Sign Out )
  2. Quit the application
  3. Launch Acrobat and sign in
  4. Observe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Send for Signature Tool re-appeared earlier today. I suspect it related to a server issue on the Adobe side as shortly after I tried sending for signature via the Document Cloud Files link from within the account and I was unable. A message indicated the servers was having temporary issues and that I should try later. Additionally the support section showed a banner indicating Adobe was suffering issues. If this was the cause, it would be useful if Acrobat could indicate that there is a problem with the Adobe server rather than just removing that tool altogether (suggesting if there's something wrong with the subscription or PC application).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I spoke with Customer Service on Friday and was told the servers were down, even though all websites said that all servers were up with no issues. The next day I received an email saying that the issue had been resolved (which it hadn't). If they would just let us know when things aren't working, it would save a lot of time and headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is not solved for me. Logging out and back in does not restore the Send for Signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi forrestb35884297

Please make sure you quit the application after you signout.

If it still does not work for you, could you please share the userid with which you are logged in Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

The tool is now available and worked for me this morning. Must have been the server issue in one of the other resolution emails you sent.

Thanks you!

Steven Harris, EVP

Journey Employer Solutions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, anuragg75444724​! The steps you provided fixed my problem. I've included screenshots of the tools section before I followed your instructions. The first two are of the "tools" section (had to take two in order to include all the tools) and the third is when I searched "send for" and the "send for signature" option didn't show up. Thanks again for your help!

PDF 2.PNGPDF 3.PNGPDF 4.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dadebbo,

Please share the snapshot of all the tools under Tools section.

Also please execute the following steps below and let us know if it does not help

1. Sign out from the application ( Go  to Help-> Sign Out )
  2. Quit the application
  3. Launch Acrobat and sign in
  4. Observe.

If it still does not work for you, could you please share the userid with which you are logged in Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned above, the problem resolved itself two days ago. It eventually appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not help for me, I am experiencing the same issue:

Screenshot 2018-02-09 09.20.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have the Send for Signature button at all, after following steps above it does not help. I have never seen it. I am using an institution-wide deployment of acrobat. I do see the 'Fill & Sign' button. Just not the 'Send for signature' button shown in the tutorial videos.

Is this function not possible unless personal accounts are used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be blocked by company policy. Would your company policy allow sending possibly sensitive PDFs outside the company for signing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evan,

1. Exactly what version of Acrobat Pro (See Acrobat > About)

2. What license? Personal subscription, personal permanent license, company license...?

3. Was this installed for you by your company?

4. Why not use the regular sign tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Subscription

(although I purchased Acrobat Pro outright a few years back)

Installed by me

I need signatures from other people who do not have Adobe Acrobat Pro

/e.

--

Evan Bowness, UBC Public Scholar

PhD Candidate, Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability

University of British Columbia, Musqueam Territory

evan.bowness@ires.ubc.ca<mailto:evan.bowness@ires.ubc.ca>

FaceTime: evan.bowness@gmail.com<mailto:evan.bowness@gmail.com>

WhatsApp: +55 48 99133-9551

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I considered using Adobe Sign but that requires signers to have an account and so that won’t work.

/e.

--

Evan Bowness, UBC Public Scholar

PhD Candidate, Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability

University of British Columbia, Musqueam Territory

evan.bowness@ires.ubc.ca<mailto:evan.bowness@ires.ubc.ca>

FaceTime: evan.bowness@gmail.com<mailto:evan.bowness@gmail.com>

WhatsApp: +55 48 99133-9551

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines