• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sending pdf with password as email cannot be shown as preview

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i have a problem with my pdf documents when i attach them in my email and when i put a password on it. the person who is getting my email complains that they cannot see a preview of my pdf document because it is encrypted therefore they have to download they pdf document upfront save it on their pc and then they can look at it, the problem is that many write to me they do not download a document becaue of "risks and security" they just want to see the pdf as preview in their email. Can you tell me how i can fix the problem? ah and btw my security settings are that you need to fill a password but only if u want to manipulate any data BUT NOT for justt looking at it. i really hope someone can help me.

if i send a pdf without password encryption the person can see the documentt as preview in their email so there must be a setting i guess which i do not find. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inform those users that displaying a file in "preview" is no different than downloading and opening it and that their concerns are not based on facts or logic.

It's acutally a good thing the email client doesn't display a password-protected file. That's the correct approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the problem is that many write to me they do not download a document becaue of "risks and security" they just want to see the pdf as preview in their email.

As @try67 says, as soon as you have the preview, you have opened the file. And there is no "fix", as there is no fault. That the preview does not work with password protected files is by design. I can see much of the content of a document just by prevewing it. So what would be the use of a password protection?

You can do a screen copy and insert that into your mail, but if see above.

The most secure method to avoid not getting spoofed is to keep a sound mistrust when getting data. The first I ask myself always is: do I expect that file? The second is that if I have doubts, I look at the e-mail address from the sender. And the third is: I never click links, I always go manually to the sites I want to visit, especially if they are my bank and other sites with sensitive information.

Oh, and yes, I keep my software up to date as much as I can. And that includes also my internet router.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines