• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Separate BIG PDF Document from Comments ?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there to all forum users.

I work for a big company selling mechanical tools and equipment.
Our product catalogue is about 1300 pages thick and full of pictures and graphics.

The (very good compressed) filesize is about 400 MB.

We have a lot of product changes during the 2 year Catalogue-cycle and have to communicate these changes
in a intuitive way.

For our "In House use" between sales , Technicians and Engineering I established

a document "review, comment and collaboration" session on a simple network drive mapped to all workplaces.

It works great and with custom made Stamps and the attachment of external PDF documents.

Documents keep in revision for a long time and everybody is happy to have this tool as a team-information-platform.

Now my new task is to get our 20 external salesmen into the revision group.

The problem is, that the base PDF document is so big (400MB) that it would be the best solution to spread

the Base Document once on all Notebooks (Windows 10 / Acrobat DC Reader) and only syncronize the comments

via mobile data connection.

Attached smaller PDF documents should be accessible too.

Making the complete set (PDF, Attachments andComments)  accessible via Adobe Cloud, WebDAV or anything else

would make it neccessary to transfer 400MB multiple times a day. That takes time and wouldn't work as demanded.

How to bring the adobe Tracker to work with a local PDF and comments from elsewhere ?

Any ideas or experiences ?

Greetings from Germnany,

Karsten

We use:

ADOBE ACROBAT XI 11.0.23

Windows 10
No Sharepoint (so far)
Bigger network with about 400 - 600 devices

(Handhelds, IPADS, DELL Notebooks, Workstations)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?