• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Separating data into categories - Is this possible?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've created a form that calculates a bunch of fields and will also enter fields onto a diagram. I've got it mostly covered (thanks to much help from this forum) except for one step. 

The user can enter rows of data & each row has a checkbox. I want the rows that are checked to appear in one part of my diagram, those that do not in another part - and it should update as the data in the form changes.

I've a attached a basic example - using "tables" not diagrams. 

Is this possible and if so, any pointers on how I can make it happen?

TIA

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

See if this helps, code is in "Name1" field, I also renamed your fields.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1TrfyyIMWtFIQvPeoaaa90pr_illlq5zb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create two arrays, one for the checked fields and one for the un-checked ones. Loop over the check-boxes and according to their state add the corresponding fields to either one of the arrays. Then loop over the checked fields and populate the data from it into the Table 1 fields. Do the same for the un-checked array and Table 2.

You will need to rename some of those fields, though, as they are not unique. Also, I would give them more consistent names, starting with 1, not 10..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Thant gives me something to research & get my teeth into. I appreciate your time,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this helps, code is in "Name1" field, I also renamed your fields.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1TrfyyIMWtFIQvPeoaaa90pr_illlq5zb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nesa Thank you again! Wow! You've been a lifeline! Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines