• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serial Number in use by max. allowed - no changes have been made

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A client has emailed in with this error: The serial Number '...' is already in use by the maximum allowed computers. You must deactivate another computer or provide another valid serial number to use Acrobat XI Pro again on this computer

The problem here is that no changes have been made to the serial number that we are aware of. No new computers have been added, therefore the serial number has not had any additional activation's. Is there any way to check current activation's on a particular serial number?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

You need to contact Adobe Customer Service directly. We can't really help you with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to contact Adobe Customer Service directly. We can't really help you with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I contact them?  They do not answer phone calls on licensing issues anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit more background (which does not change the underlying solution, need to contact Adobe...) You may not have the full story from your customer. Adobe software sometimes does mysterious and unexpected things, but my personal experience has been that this message comes out only when installing the software. So, why is the software being installed? Was it uninstalled deliberately? Was the computer replaced? Was the hard disk replaced? Some other major change to the computer? When doing these things, it is recommended to DEACTIVATE the copy you have, to free up the license for use on a new system or disk. If an old disk or computer is gone beyond repair, however, it's too late and you have to ask Adobe for an "activation count reset". Use those buzzwords early to make sure you go down the right path in the support scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you deactivate computers? My PC crashed, and I bought a new one and reinstalled. Now I can't get it to work because it says I've reached the limit. I can't find where to deactivate old computers?

TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I have no access to the old Mac and can't deactivate. Any hints?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

If the computer on which you installed the product is no longer available (for example, you have lost the computer, formatted the hard drive, or the hard drive has crashed), you can deactivate your apps from your Adobe account page https://adobe.ly/3TnVoVi . Then install the apps on the new computer and follow the onscreen instructions.

Note: The option to deactivate your apps from the account management page is only supported for Creative Cloud desktop apps.

For more info, please check the help page https://adobe.ly/3PyD4aH

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines