• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set Calculated Field Order Question.

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a better way to set the calculated field order?
I'm running on Acrobat XI and noticed a delay in my calculated fields.  It boiled down the the calcualted field order.  Unfortunately, my form has several hundred calculated fields and there are times the I have to move a calculated field from the top of the list down towards the bottom.  Doing this one click at a time is turning out to be very tedious.  Is there some way to export the calculated fields list, make my edits, then re-import the list back in?  Or is there a better way to go about setting the list rather than doing it one click at a time.   Thanks,
TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to do it using a script, yes. I've developed a (paid-for) tool that allows you to export a list of all field names, then adjust their order to the desired calculation order and re-import that list to the PDF. You can find it here: https://try67.blogspot.com/2010/07/acrobat-automatically-set-field.html

A trick if you want to move one field from the bottom to the top is to select the rest of the fields and move them all down, instead of moving that one field up multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a better way? Yes... don't.

I never rely on the calculation order. Instead, I add a single hidden calculated field that calculates all the field values that need calculating and in the order that I need them to be calculated. That way I control the logical flow instead of Acrobat and even that field just runs a function in a document level script. It makes managing the JavaScript in the form much easier too; your scripts aren't spread out all over the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines