• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set field text alignment to bottom-centered on PDF fillable form.

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

I am need one of my fields to align center bottom for everyone who fills out the form I am creating.  I know how to set center alignment and I know how to change the vertical alignment (RTF on, CMD+E, "More...", "Paragraph") if I am the one filling out the form, but I need the vertical alignment to be set to bottom on the form without the end-user having to do any formatting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS. I could also use some help on having directions appear in the field, but disappear as soon as the field is clicked AND, if the field isn't clicked, I don't want that instructional text to print.  --- I can work around this one if there isn't a reasonable solution, but I figured I would ask while I'm here...

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Unfortunately, you can't set the vertical alignment for a field apart from the manual method you already know about.

For instructional text, you can use the method discussed here: Is there a way to add instructional text to my text field that will disappear when clicked? (PDF Forms)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you can't set the vertical alignment for a field apart from the manual method you already know about.

For instructional text, you can use the method discussed here: Is there a way to add instructional text to my text field that will disappear when clicked? (PDF For...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer! Disappointing (and confusing, cause it feels like it shouldn't be that unusual a function), but thank you anyway.

Super thank you for the link for my other issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you can help but what is the manual method you mentioned? I have a form where the end user's text is appearing vertically and outside the box, I need it to appear horizontally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds like an entirely different issue. If you can post the form here or provide a link to it online, we can take a look to see what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines