Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set up remote signature server

New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo everyone,

I am interested in setting up a remote signature server so I can easily sign a PDF document from withing Adobe Reader.
I found out that, there is this option called "Roaming-ID" and I was wondering what protocol it uses. If I set up a local server and added the address to my server as a new Roaming-ID. After that my server receives a POST-Request with some XML-SOAP content, but the Adobe Acrobat Reader shows the following error message:

Fehler (GetServerConfig) beim Roaming-ID-Server:

Unbekannt

I could not find any description of the protocol the "Roaming-ID" option uses or a working example for a Roaming-ID-Server. I also read about the Cloud Signature Consortium (with Adobe as one of their members) and the standard for "Architectures and protocols for remote signature applications". In the specification of the standard I could not find references to the content of the SOAP message or the Error-Message from Adobe Reader.

Are this two completly different things or does the "Roaming-ID" somehow uses the "Architectures and protocols for remote signature applications" standard?

Best Regards

John

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you wish to set up the signature on the server, you may refer to the steps provided in the following link.

- Digital Signatures

Please also refer to the forum post mentioned below with a similar discussion.

- Roaming ID server implementation

Check if that helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meenakshi,

thanks for your reply.

Your first link "Digital Signatures" does not look like a step by step tutorial but more like a reference book for everything regarding Digital Signatures.

The accepted answer in your second link states, that if I make an contract with Adobe I can get all informations to implement a Roaming ID Server. But it does not say where I can find more about it.
Can you provide me with more informations for the RoamingID Server solution (some advertisement page, pdf, etc.) along with the prices?

Regards,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John, 

I am facing a similar issue. Have you found a workaround to this problem?

Thanks and Regards,

Anirudh Shrinivason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines