• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting a form Submit button to send to multiple email addresses.

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form that, when completed, needs to be sent to three email addresses.  I have added them in the Properties/Actions area, but when I test the form, it only shows the form as being sent to my email address, which is not one of the addresses entered in the Actions area.  What am I missing on this?  Thank you in advance for any help.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly did you set up the Submit button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Prepare Form tool, I clicked on the button icon and added the Submit and a couple of other buttons.

Within the submit button properties, I set the label options (Icon and Label) and in the actions tab, I chose 'Execute a menu item' - Submit a form.  I then edited it to mail to the three addresses separated by a ; and set it to send the complete PDF document.

I typically always set the properties under Edit > Identity > to match the email address as I have had issues in the past if I didn't.  That area will not allow you to enter more than one email address and move forward, unless I'm doing something wrong there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You added the wrong command. See: Setting action buttons in PDF forms, Adobe Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps I read appear to be the same steps I took when entering the information.  At any rate, between your guidance, the article, and talking with the person who created the other form, it now appears to be working perfectly.  Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're not. Instead of choosing "Execute a menu item" and then "Submit Form" you need to select the "Submit a form" command directly. That will provide you with much better control over how the file is submitted, and to where.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies.  I mis-stated something above.  I didn't choose execute a menu item, but did choose "Submit a form".  Again thank you for your help.  Everything is working perfectly now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to test this out and it worked perfectly.  I'm now trying to email to multiple email addresses.  Does someone know the correct format to use?  I tried separating with a semicolon, as seen below, and tried with spaces and no spaces but it doesn't seem to function properly.  It only emails to the first address on the list.

mailto:nobody@adobe.com; mailto:nobody@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not repeat the "mailto:" part, and the correct separator to use is a comma.

It should be:

mailto:nobody@adobe.com,somebody@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This thread has helped me alot! i was wondering though, if i am using an email address that someone has entered onto the form how do i put this into an email is it one of the following or do i need to have a variable for the email address textbox?

this.mailDoc({cTo: "test.email.co.uk", + (" ") + this.getField("Cust Email").valueAsString,

this.mailDoc({cTo: "test.email.co.uk", this.getField("Cust Email").valueAsString,

this.mailDoc({cTo: "test.email.co.uk",  "this.getField("Cust Email").valueAsString",

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like this:

cTo: "test.email.co.uk;" + this.getField("Cust Email").valueAsString

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you, if i woulkd like to link several manual input emails together do i format it like so:?

this.mailDoc({cTo: "email1@test.co.uk;" + this.getField("Cust Email").valueAsString, cCc: "email2@test.co.uk;" + this.getField("Op Email").valueAsString, + (";") + this.getField("Op Email2").valueAsString, + (";") + this.getField("Op Email3").valueAsString,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost. Drop the commas after valueAsString (except for the last one), and the parentheses around the semi-colon strings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All working!

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines