Highlighted

Setting security in PDF with Adobe PS Actions

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to save many .psd files as .pdf  automatically using  'Actions' in Photoshop. I know the process of creating an Action but the outcome is that  Actions doesn't seem to record the passwords I set to forbid printing within the .pdf dialogue. .  It may be that Actions can't record the keystrokes within the Adobe dialogue for .pdfs perhaps? It does the first file perfectly  (where I am setting the password during the recording)  but subsequently,  when I automate the process, it allows printing. Am I missing something?

Thank you 

Topics

Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Setting security in PDF with Adobe PS Actions

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to save many .psd files as .pdf  automatically using  'Actions' in Photoshop. I know the process of creating an Action but the outcome is that  Actions doesn't seem to record the passwords I set to forbid printing within the .pdf dialogue. .  It may be that Actions can't record the keystrokes within the Adobe dialogue for .pdfs perhaps? It does the first file perfectly  (where I am setting the password during the recording)  but subsequently,  when I automate the process, it allows printing. Am I missing something?

Thank you 

Topics

Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF