Highlighted

Shared Reviews and downloaded PDFs

Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two three new questions. I'm splitting this off from my older thread because I think it is being skipped over since the question is marked correct.

1. If the reviewer wants to download the shared review to their desktop, are comments they make in this file saved back to the Document Cloud version as long as they are signed in with their Adobe ID? (Honestly, I looked and couldn't find that information. My suspicion is this isn't possible, but it never hurts to ask.)
  2. If comments made to a downloaded version are not added to the file in the Document Cloud, is there a way to get them into the version on the Document Cloud? Some of my users spend time in places where an Internet connection is not allowed for security reasons. They still need to be able to comment and have those comments viewable by others.
  3. According to the Help information, when a commenter has finished their comments using the web browser, they're supposed to click Finished. I can't find Finished. Has that be renamed as Done?
TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Shared Reviews and downloaded PDFs

Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two three new questions. I'm splitting this off from my older thread because I think it is being skipped over since the question is marked correct.

1. If the reviewer wants to download the shared review to their desktop, are comments they make in this file saved back to the Document Cloud version as long as they are signed in with their Adobe ID? (Honestly, I looked and couldn't find that information. My suspicion is this isn't possible, but it never hurts to ask.)
  2. If comments made to a downloaded version are not added to the file in the Document Cloud, is there a way to get them into the version on the Document Cloud? Some of my users spend time in places where an Internet connection is not allowed for security reasons. They still need to be able to comment and have those comments viewable by others.
  3. According to the Help information, when a commenter has finished their comments using the web browser, they're supposed to click Finished. I can't find Finished. Has that be renamed as Done?
TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please find the following responses sequentially:

1. Comments made in the local file won’t be saved back to Document Cloud version whether you sing-in with Adobe ID or not . When you download a review file locally, a copy of the review file is saved. All the comments in the review file at that moment will be there in the local file as well. But any more comments added to the local file will not be saved back to Document Cloud version. And as you know you can add comments to the local file without sing-in into Reader.
  2. Users can add comments in the Document Cloud version file in Offline mode as well. Whenever network connectivity is restored, comments added in the review file will be synchronized on its own. Please note that for opening a review file for the first time, network connectivity is must. But next time onwards you can open the same review(Document Cloud version) file in offline mode as well. Suppose you are online and open a review file from Shared by you/Shared by others/Recent tab, this review file gets cached on your machine. So next time you can open the same review file from Shared by you/Shared by others/Recent tab offline and add comments offline as well. Comments added in offline mode will get synchronized anytime network connectivity is restored.
  3. Yes, it has now been renamed as Done

I hope this helps. Please let me know in case you have any more queries/concerns.

Regards,

Arvind

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does help. Can you confirm the following please?

• If I want to close the review (prevent other people from adding any more comments), all I have to do is click Unshare.
  • If I want to save the file with all the comments (equivalent of Archive in Tracker), I download the file.
  • I will be able to verify that someone has joined the review by looking at the panel on the right after selecting the shared file.

[These may be obvious questions, but it's been a long, long time since I did shared reviews, and when I did they were on an internal network server, not on Document Cloud. I'm accustomed to using Tracker, so this is a learning experience for me.]

One thing that confuses me is that sending a document for shared review from Acrobat on my computer has the document added to the Shared by you folder but it does not also appear in the Your documents folder; however if I upload it to Your documents and then share from there, it appears in both places. Why is that? And is sharing from Your documents equivalent to sending for shared review from within the desktop Acrobat application?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 1
arvindy LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LinSims,

Please find the following response sequentially:

1. Yes, you can Unshare, but please make sure you have already downloaded the latest copy of the review file.
  2. Yes, you can download the copy of review file via File>>Save As>>Save Copy
  3. Yes that’s correct.

Review version of document is added to only the Shared by you folder once you initiate a review. It will not appear in the Your documents folder. So in your case, when you upload a file to Your documents it gets added here as a normal file and after you share this file for review, review version is added to Share by you only and the normal version was already there in Your documents as you uploaded the file. So the file is at both location. File you see under Your documents is not review version, it is a normal file. You can see the difference by opening the file from Shared by  you and Your documents. So whenever you want to participate in the review you have to open the review version file from Shared by you tab only. When you open the uploaded file from Your documents, it will be a normal file not a review/shared version so you cannot added comments in it.

Yes, sharing from Your documents is equivalent to sending for shared review from within the desktop Acrobat application. Look and feel may differ though.

Please let me know in case of any more query. It is pretty ok to ask questions, no worries. We are happy to help you.

Regards,

Arvind

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 1