Shared reviews -- My (initiator) comments are occasionally being duplicated! Help?

Engaged ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me mad.

Recently (e.g. the latest Acrobat Pro DC continuous release version, with its myriad commenting issues) this has happened to some of my reviews.

1. I mark up my document with numerous comments -- highlights, highlights with comments, stamps, text boxes, etc.
  2. I send my doc as a shared review to 1 or more reviewers.
  3. I begin to receive responses (and published replies) and then at some point all of *my* comments beginning somewhere 'in the middle' (when sorted by page) were *duplicated*.
    If a comment had a reply associated with it, the reply was *not* duplicated, just my original comment.

This bit me hard last week a week or two after I put out a 360 page doc with ~600 markups. As I received replies, I began updating my document and 'checked' off the comments that I'd dealt with, as usual. Everything was fine until I checked for recent replies (I knew I still had ~20 items that I wanted feedback on) and ... I had almost 200 unchecked items! Coupled with checkbox weirdness (comments not applying the checkbox correctly when I was going back through them, comments not sorting properly, etc.) I spent literally *hours* going back through everything multiple times to find out which items were unaddressed and addressing them. With a half-dozen reviewers commenting over a 2-week span, I couldn't even begin to guess where things went wrong.

Fast-forward to today. I put out a shared review two days ago to *1* reviewer. He responded today.

I had originally posted 25 markups.

I just checked with him and he confirmed that when he opened the shared review, there were *35* comments -- the last 10 were duplicated.

Has *anybody* experienced anything like this and, if so, any idea what is going on?

thanks.

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Our Agency is trying to go paperless, so we have begun to do electronic reviews as well.  I myself have not experienced this issue, but other reviewers using the same computer and software as I am are having this issue.  We all are using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Continuous Release Version 2020.012.20043, we all have Dell 8350 laptops running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS.

What was the solution to this issue?

I was notified that some of the reviewers comments in sticky notes are being duplicated in shared reviews hosted on our local network.  Thank you for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines