Highlighted

Shared revisions hosted on Sharepoint

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We witness the following issue with the Shared PDF review feature (using Acrobat Pro together with Sharepoint storage):

Everytime a user changes his Windows credentials, the connection to the online revisions is lost for a while (maybe 1 or 2 weeks). Then, everything comes back to normal without apparent reason.

When scanning for new comments or trying to publish some, a webshell opens as a pop-up window (on the Sharepoint folder hosting the xml comment files), and the following message appears (in French, sorry):

Nicolas5C9C_1-1602232029529.png

Nicolas5C9C_0-1602230207352.png

It seems like the new Windows credential is not updated instantly somewhere in the system, but only after several days.

Please provide a solution since it is a very damaging issue for our production.

Best regards,

Nicolas

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Shared revisions hosted on Sharepoint

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We witness the following issue with the Shared PDF review feature (using Acrobat Pro together with Sharepoint storage):

Everytime a user changes his Windows credentials, the connection to the online revisions is lost for a while (maybe 1 or 2 weeks). Then, everything comes back to normal without apparent reason.

When scanning for new comments or trying to publish some, a webshell opens as a pop-up window (on the Sharepoint folder hosting the xml comment files), and the following message appears (in French, sorry):

Nicolas5C9C_1-1602232029529.png

Nicolas5C9C_0-1602230207352.png

It seems like the new Windows credential is not updated instantly somewhere in the system, but only after several days.

Please provide a solution since it is a very damaging issue for our production.

Best regards,

Nicolas

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another screenshot (in the shared revisions follow-up window) to help understand the issue and see the connexion with credentials:

Nicolas5C9C_0-1602234334226.png

It is written that the credentials have expired or incorrect, and I am invited to type them in again.

However, since it probably corresponds to the Sharepoint credentials (where the shared revision is hosted), I have no clue where to enter them.

Also, I remind that the webshell poping up when looking for new comments opens the Sharepoint folder without any problem using my Sharepoint account (same credentials than Window's).

Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New element with this issue:

If I try to send a new PDf for comments on my Sharepoint server, I get a warning message that the server is unreachable.

However, I can force it to keep trying, and the file then opens with the usual revision banner on the upper part of the screen.

The weird thing is: if I try to publish comments or get the new comments, it is still failing, but I can see on the Sharepoint server that Adobe still successfully created a revision folder with an "attachment" sub folder. Only the xml file containing the actual comments seems to be missing for some reason...

Nicolas5C9C_0-1602247824726.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0