• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing Portfolio

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The portfolio name changes to the first document's name when sharing via link. This started a couple weeks ago. 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did the problem started happening after a recent update?

Also, what type of sharing action are you performing: Are you trying to publish and share a portfolio to a website or are you just trying to share the PDF file  through the Adobe Document Cloud ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I’ve been using the “Link” to share with various coworkers via email. I originally used the “Share with others”, but that started to only send the first document in the portfolio instead of the entire portfolio. That quit working months ago. Here’s a snapshot of what I’m seeing in the “Shared by me” folder. My portfolios are named “—APPROVED…” until around the third week in August. I can open these and they do contain the contents of the portfolio, but it’s misleading when the naming convention implies it’s a single document.
[cid:image001.png@01D685D0.464C36E0]

Trina Chambard
Administrative Assistant
[cid:image002.png@01D685D0.464C36E0]
1515 Central Avenue NE, Suite 180, Minneapolis, MN 55413 • 612.263.2220 • tchambard@anagramintl.com

***************************************************************** *************************************************************************************************************** Legal Disclaimer: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message. ****************************************************************** *************************************************************************************************************

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recreated your scenario on my end and it seems like when you create a portfolio the first file in that folder is selected by default (even though it appears greyed out with a very light grey color). So that is easy to miss if you're working in a hurry and multi-tasking.

What I did I clicked with the mouse pointer in the empty white space where the file icons are displyed (the Preview pane--left margin). 

So, I went ahead abd also tested it with both sahring options: "Share a link to this file" and "Share a link with Others".

It seems to work fine on my end. See my slides:

• Share a link to this file

approved1.png

• Share a link with Others

approved2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the desktop version, but I hear what you're saying. I've never had to worry about it in the past, but I will do this the next time I share and will see if it works. Thanks for responding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just noticed that there is an additional setting in the  Accessibility preferences.

Go to Edit--->>>Preferences --->>Accessibility --->> Other Accessibility Options ---> see if disabling "Show Portfolios in files mode"  is the reason why thie first file appears to be selected silently soon after creating a new PDF portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines