• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut for next search result in Acrobat search (advanced Find) panel

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeking a keyboard shortcut that moves the focus in the document window to, and indicates that location in the search list,  the next (or previous) search result found by what has variously been called "full Acrobat search," "advanced search," and simply "the search window."  F3 or Command + G (evidenlty originated for the ordinary Find operation) will move the cursor to, and highlight, the next result in the document window (or the previous when also pressing Shift), but neither shortcut will result in showing in the search result list which result is now displayed in the document window. The search window is the superior method for searching, as it shows a text excerpt for each result, and page number when the mouse is run over the result.  Is there a shortcut that will both move the document windown focus to the next (or previous) result, and highlight that result in the results list?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Louis,

Thanks for well explaining this.

As per your request "move the document window focus to the next (or previous) result, and highlight that result in the results list?" is partially possible with the Keystroke mentioned here in this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/keyboard-shortcuts.html#keys_for_general_navigating 

Search the previous document or next document is achievable with 

Alt+Shift+Left Arrow (Windows only) | Command+Shift+Left Arrow and

Alt+Shift+Right Arrow (Windows only) | Command+Shift+Right Arrow 

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have mentioned that I'm using the Mac.  I've reviewed the bulletin to which you link.  I'm not seeking to move to the next or previous document, rather to the next or previous search result displayed for a given document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, the options would be limited.

It would be very nice if you could file a feature request here: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This feature worked in pre-Ventura (i have an intel Mac and it is fine). It does not work with Ventura. I can advance to the next find with command-G in normal searches, but not in advanced searches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. This is an old thread, but I am searching for similar info.

You can use the Up and Down arrow keys to jump from one search result to the next.

If the dialog of the Extended Search is hidden behind other windows, you must press ALT+TAB first to get the Extended Search dialog.

Is this what you are looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines