• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut to set document view preference to "Two-up (Facing)"?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set a keyboard shortcut or one-click toolbar button to set document view preference to "Two-up (Facing)" for a document?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this thread. It will give you a key sequence to do what you want and allow you to set it permanently if that is your preference. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1568766

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is a keyboard shortcut to simply display a document in a two-up (facing) view.

What I need is a keyboard shortcut for setting the properties of a document to always automatically display itself in a two-up (facing) view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help with suggesting a way to make the default view preference of all new documents set to Two-Up (Facing) please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you creating these documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question. All of my PDFs are created using the Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin.

It defaults to creating all PDFs with the Page Layout properties as "Default" which is very annoying.

I need all newly created PDFs to be created with Page Layout properties set to Single Page.

Altneratively, is there any way to change what this "Default" setting in Acrobat sets to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it's not possible to set it in the PDFMaker plugin, or in Acrobat. I would submit a feature request, here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Acrobat for Windows and Mac: Top (2793 ideas) – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to clarify, when I say you can't do it in Acrobat I mean you can't do it automatically for any file you open. You can do it manually, or using an Action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines