Highlighted

show me what I marked

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, can I have the text I marked overviewed in the comment-tool-section?

So far I just see that I marked something and when I click on it it brings me to the place I marked it..

but for example if i mark SKY in a text I want that it shows up as SKY in the comment tool section.. otherwise there just a space filled with "marked text" 100x, this seems useless to me if one does not know where exactly it is meant (see attachment)

Hope you understood me, and even ore that there is a solution for.. would make it easier to read papers and exactly find what you search afterwards based on the marks one has made!

greetings almathico

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

For the comments you already created you would need to use a script to do it, like this (paid-for) one I've created:

http://try67.blogspot.com/2011/04/acrobat-retroactively-copy-selected.html

For new comments you can set it up to happen automatically, by going to Edit (or the Acrobat menu if you're on a Mac) - Preferences - Commenting and ticking the box next to "Copy selected text into Highlight...".

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

show me what I marked

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, can I have the text I marked overviewed in the comment-tool-section?

So far I just see that I marked something and when I click on it it brings me to the place I marked it..

but for example if i mark SKY in a text I want that it shows up as SKY in the comment tool section.. otherwise there just a space filled with "marked text" 100x, this seems useless to me if one does not know where exactly it is meant (see attachment)

Hope you understood me, and even ore that there is a solution for.. would make it easier to read papers and exactly find what you search afterwards based on the marks one has made!

greetings almathico

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

For the comments you already created you would need to use a script to do it, like this (paid-for) one I've created:

For new comments you can set it up to happen automatically, by going to Edit (or the Acrobat menu if you're on a Mac) - Preferences - Commenting and ticking the box next to "Copy selected text into Highlight...".

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 24, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great, thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0