Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show or hide pages based on dropdown menu selected value

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again community!

I come before you with a challenge that has probably been debated before but for which I have not yet found a solution. I created a PDF file that contains 16 pages. The first page is filled with several fields and formulas that autocomplete the other 15 pages. All good and beautiful, but I encounter a problem that I can't solve.

The file actually contains the template of an employment contract and one of the fields displays the employee's function. There are about six different jobs, each with a job description page, which means I should add six different pages to the file. How can I make the page with the job description with the selected job automatically becames visible when I select one of the jobs in the dropdown field and the other job files remain hidden. I mention that each page that contains the job description will be filled in automatically according to the information entered in the first page. Also printing the file should only print the job description page selected from the dropdown menu along with the other 16 pages.

What do you think, is there a way to achieve this?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is possible using Templates and a script to show/hide or spawn/delete them. However, it's not an easy thing to implement if you don't have any experience in creating scripts for PDF files, especially if the file is going to be used in Reader, in which case you have to spawn/delete the pages, not just show/hide them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm ..! Seems to be quite difficult especially for a beginner like me. In this case, I think I will stick with the classic version, that is, six separate files for each job description and that's it.There would be no point in complicating myself.

Thanks again for the promptness !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you considering make one empty page with text field which will be populated with dropdown selection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines