• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show scanner's user interface is aktivated(!) and greyed out for WIA driver

Participant ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the current version of Acrobat DC and a Brother MFC-J5320 printer/scanner via LAN.

After we had to exchange one printer for the same model I reinstall the drivers to get the new LAN settings corrected. I also updated Creative Cloud.

When I use the WIA driver the checkbox for "show scanner's user interface" should be unchecked, but it is is checked and greyed out. Every time I want to scan, the scanner interface pops up. The settings in the scanner interface are not saved. When I choose the paper feeder the first page is pulled in and scanned. All other pages are just moved through, but not scanned. It is annoying and extremely frustrating.

I can't turn off the scanner inerface, due to the greyed out box. Accoridng to other statements by Adobe support staff the box shoudl be greyed out, but not selected.

Is there a bug in Acrobat?

Thanks for any help! It drives me crazy and I have so much work to do.

Marcus

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this ever addressed? I am having a similar issue out of the blue - the first page shows up in the scan, all the remaining pages are pulled through the scanner but not scanned into acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No! It was never addressed! Twain is depreciated in Win 10. WIA is the supported interface and Acrobat still doesn't support it well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at this post, I face the same issue also, I managed to fix this by simply updating Adobe Acrobat, if this doesn't work, you can try another method like using your printer driver's app, for example I use Epson so I have an "Epson Scan Utility" and I know everyone likes to use Adobe's scanner since it's easier but I can use either, in the case that this is the same issue we faced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years I could scan by setting my own parameters. I haven't changed the printer/scanner (Epson Et-3700) or laptop, but suddenly Acrobat switches to the native interface! I can't unclick it -- very frustrating! I've updated the drivers and re-installed the printer, but Acrobat insists on the native interface. After 90 minutes, I give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here - extremely frustraing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines