• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sign a pdf document

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't sign pdf documents with my Acrobat Pro. Quite strangely it allows me to select and place a signature, but then it doesn't do it. Anyone has any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the latest Acrobat Pro DC for desktop or mobile?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Nancy,

Thanks for answering. No, I have Adobe Acrobat X Pro (Version 10.1.16 apparently).

It all seems to be working fine, but then it doesn't drop the signature. Nothing happens when I click "sign". The signature window doens't dissapear and the signature is not placed no matter how many times I click the "sign" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Israel, 

I'm having the same issue- I assumed it was related to my company's new computing policies, but that may not be the case...

Anyways, I have a decent workaround right now- if you go to Edit > Preferences > Signatures > Creation and Appearance, there should be a check box labeled, "Use modern user interface for signing and Digital ID configuration". Try unticking that checkbox and applying those settings.

I can't say for certain this will work for Acrobat X, but it seems to work on the CC edition. I can't seem to select the Save As... option from the File menu either. I think the two issues are related. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KMcKenzieACSO ,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately my version of Acrobat doesn't have a > Signatures tab in Prefernces.

I'll keep looking though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Israel,

I think you need to upgrade. Try it free for 7 days.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/acrobat-pro.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines