Highlighted

Sign form

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Why I can't duplicate sign form? With other forms like text oraz button it's not problem, but I can't duplicate sign form. I have an option, when I click on it, but nothing is happen. With copy of sign form it's not a problem also.

I want to prepare pdf document, when client click in one sign form, it duplicate in other places - one sign , three place with signature.

I have a Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 version.

Thank's for help!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sign form

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Why I can't duplicate sign form? With other forms like text oraz button it's not problem, but I can't duplicate sign form. I have an option, when I click on it, but nothing is happen. With copy of sign form it's not a problem also.

I want to prepare pdf document, when client click in one sign form, it duplicate in other places - one sign , three place with signature.

I have a Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 version.

Thank's for help!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is possible. It defies the security handling of  the digital signatures that is enforced by the security policies embedded in the certificate and also by Adobe Acrobat.

Here in the forums the reasoning  is that one signature validates the  entire document. And you may also need to add password protection and restrict further editing, like copying and pasting, printing or disassembling the PDF after it is signed.

I have the same problem with government forms and this workflow of applying one signature to validate  an entire PDF is not convenient at all, specially when a large PDF  is comprised of many government forms that each  require a blank to sign.

This makes this whole process very time consuming for the approving autority(or signer of an agreement.). 

In the case of such government forms, they are required to be signed on each designated blank, so it would be ideal if this solution was possible, but it is not.

That means that, as ridiculous as it sounds, if you have a PDF that has 15 to 20 government forms (each with a deignated mandatory signature block), that means tha the aprrover must sign 20 times the same document on each of those pages. As you already know, this process involves applying a "Save As name to the file every time the signature wizard executes, saving the file, and if it is done through smart card, you must punch in your stupid ID number 20 times.

You'd be surprised how many times I have to kick back forms because people still miss a feew signatures. 

That is how overwhealming this whole process becomes.

I think that, You may , however, can employ some JavaScripting in order to be able to stamp other fields with something similar to a signature but this doesn't validate a document in the  context of digital signature workflow.

There are many other methods that can be combined , like using a time stamp server  in combination with a stamp, certifyable signatures, and what not... but it all requires some advanced scripting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"That means that, as ridiculous as it sounds, if you have a PDF that has 15 to 20 government forms (each with a deignated mandatory signature block), that means tha the aprrover must sign 20 times the same document on each of those pages. As you already know, this process involves applying a "Save As name to the file every time the signature wizard executes, saving the file, and if it is done through smart card, you must punch in your stupid ID number 20 times."

That's what I mean - it's the waist of time for contractor, and the magic of the e-signature is broken.

"I think that, You may , however, can employ some JavaScripting in order to be able to stamp other fields with something similar to a signature but this doesn't validate a document in the  context of digital signature workflow."

I saw a document with duplicate sign form (I still have it:), and when I open it with Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 I see that is a duplicate sign form with "#" in name (just like duplicate form) - and it's work exacly what I need - You have a three place to place signature (I mean on click) and  regardless of which one you click, a signature (or only visualization but that same as a signature) is inserted in all of them. I just wonder: HOW! When You explore whole document there is only ONE signature but You see that same in three other places.

I'll only add that I can't do anythink with that duplicate sign form - I can'y just copy for other document or page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are always ways to do a band aid remedy with scripting, but it is very complicated. 

I am currently working on this too with my forms. And there's actually a way to achieve something similar with JavaScript but I am not sure if posting that solution would be very welcomed in the forums.

I can give you a hint, though.  

You can extract the time stamp and the distinguished name of a certificate with some JavaScript, and populate this information in a group of textfields at signing time (see this thread: Can Acrobat auto populate a Name field upon digital signature of a form? .

At a minimum you may need the following documents: 

• Acrobat Digital Signatures Workflow Guide
  • Acrobat JavaScript Object Specification (the older the better documented, I am using version 5.1 technical specification)
  • Acrobat DC JavaScript Developer's Guide
  • Acrobat DC JavaScript™ for Acrobat® API Reference

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to create two Signature fields with the same name in a single file, not by script nor manually. These fields must be unique.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can create two (or even more) Signature fields but I after save, contractor have to sign every single field separately - dates from signature don't duplicate in other pages (sign fields).

What do You mean "unique"?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You ignore the most important part of my post: with the same name.

"Unique" means each field has a unique name.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I miss a "NOT" in Your post;)

How about that - like in sreenshot? It's not a copy, it's a duplicate, and it's work. Why when in Acrobat it's not possible to duplicate sign form, Adobe see it like a duplicate sign form???

Zrzut ekranu.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how those fields were added, but my guess is they won't work correctly if you tried to use them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0