• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sign with Notarius Digital Signature in Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My professional engineering association is implementing a requirement for digital signatures in electronic reports, and has identified Notarius as the only permissible certifying authority at this time. Notarius have their own signing software ("ConsignO") but it's a ball of hurt and can't handle password-locked PDFs, so there's no way for me to prevent editing of signed files or copying of content. Yes, editing the file invalidates the signature, but some PDF readers (e.g. Preview in MacOS) don't even really acknowledge signing or certification, and even Acrobat itself simply opens the altered PDF without signature, so it might not be immediately obvious to unsophisticated users that the signature was present but is now missing. It's also easy for the content of the files to be copied, up to and including the signature graphic. Bottom line, I'm not sure the digitally signed PDF is any more secure, in the sense of day-to-day functionality, than my old method of a password-protected printable PDF.

So, I'd like to use Acrobat to apply my Notarius digital signature, so I can additionally password protect the document. I've added the Notarius Root Certificate Authority as a trusted certificate, and both "sign documents" and "certify documents" are checked. However, if I try to certify a document, and go through the process of adding a digital ID, the Notarius ID files - and .EPF and an .XCC - are both greyed out. Notarius is listed on Adobe's Approved Trust List Members page (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/approved-trust-list1.html#sa_src=web-messaging) so I would have thought that meant the signature should be compatible.

I've spent HOURS with Adobe customer service on this, and they're utterly useless. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, Notarius’ ConsignO is still not available for macOS 11. I asked Notarius for a solution with Adobe Acrobat. Now waiting for an answer…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually testing Notarius and its compatibility with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC / Adobe Sign. 

It's working fine and no need to use ConsignO. If your certificate is properly installed on your computer with Entrust (as required to use ConsignO), Acrobat will find it without doing anything else (no need to go through the process of adding a digital ID in Acrobat -- just check in your Preferences/Signatures the Identities and Approuved Certificates). When you will digitally sign in Acrobat, a menu will show up with all the certificates available on your computer, just select the one from Notarius  -- you may just have to configure how you want to show the digital signature in your document). So you can digitally sign using your Notarius certificate inside Acrobat or with Adobe Sign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's simply not true. I have ConsignO installed and functioning, but that ID does not appear under Preferences/Signatures.  Are you on Mac or PC? I didn't really make it obvious, but I'm using a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, don't say it's not true, but it doesn't work for you... I'm using a PC/Win10 and it's working. Using a Mac shouldn't cause a problem. What is your Certificate Authority? It could be Centre de Certification du Québec, AC1 or Notarius Root Certificate Authority. Mine (I'm not an Engineer) is Notarius Root Certificate Authority and I think it is the only one that is pre-approved by Adobe. If yours is different, you will have to complete some steps to have it trusted be Adobe. To quickly validate this, open in Acrobat a signed document created with your ID in ConsignO, do you see a warning about the signature in the Signature tab? See this link on Notarius website : https://support.notarius.com/en/help/kb/how-to-configure-adobe-acrobat-to-sign-or-validate-signature...

This page explains how to add your Certificate Authority as a trusted source from a document already signed with your ID (with Consigno). Open the signed document in Acrobat and follow the procedure. Then see if your ID is now visibile in Preferences/Signatures/ Identities and Approuved Certificates and try to sign a new document. I can't garantee that this will work, but you should be in the right direction to find the solution. I'm quite sure the problem is related to your Certificate Authority. Good luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Certificate Authority is Centre de Certification du Québec/AC1 in order to make this work on MacOS Big Sur, you will need to install Entrust Intelligence Secure Desktop v8.3 on your Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I am not incorrect, I think this issue is related to how Apple changed around certain things in the key chain. So a few extra steps are needed.

This has been answered before here in the forums.

See  the user that provided the link with the correct answer in the following thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/adobe-no-longer-see-s-hardware-token-digital-id-in-macos-cata...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines