Signature box disappears in email

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The signature box on my fillable form is missing when I email it.

The signature box is visible on the original form that I attached to an email

but the box has started disappearing when it the recipient opens it and even if they try saving it.

This wasn't a problem until a few weeks ago when we were first made aware of it. All the other fillable boxes

on the form still show up and can be filled in, it's just the signature box that is being affected.

TOPICS
PDF forms, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe your email recipients are not opening the PDF attachment in Adobe Reader DC instead of a web browser or similar.

Is the "signature box"  a digital signature field object where the signers need to employ a self-signed  certificate-based digital signature?

Is this file being sent via Adobe Sign?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using Adobe Pro DC to create and read the form.
The recipient does need to create a digital signature by clicking on the signature box.

I've sent several copies of different signature document and have had the same problem; however, the last few attempts have started to work.
I still can't see the signature box in the email preview, which I use to be able to do but now when I save it to file and open it the signature box is appearing again, which hasn't been the case for the past couple of weeks. I had tried to walk through this with a client last week, saving it to my hard drive, and it didn't work then.

Let's hope it keeps working, I'll have to try it on a non-Adobe Pro machine to be sure.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines