Highlighted

Signatures -- Does the receiver need to have an Adobe account to sign a document?

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope not because that would be extremely un-user-friendly. It is currently asking me to sign in when I click the link in the test email I send to my other email address

Thanks!

Rich

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Signatures -- Does the receiver need to have an Adobe account to sign a document?

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope not because that would be extremely un-user-friendly. It is currently asking me to sign in when I click the link in the test email I send to my other email address

Thanks!

Rich

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not the receiver. This specifically applies  if you've sent the file using Adobe Sign.

If you use Adobe Sign to send a PDF to another user, it can be signed from any mobile device and even from a web browser without the need to have Acrobat or  Reader installed, nor an active AdobeID. 

The receiver's authentication method to view, fill, and sign an document that person's email address and nothing else. You as the creator of the PDF,  yes, you need to have a paid and active subscription.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. thank you!  That's what I thought. I would have to guess that some cookie decided that I had and Adobe Account and tried to take me to my Documents in the cloud where I could sign my test file. Just guessing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0