Highlighted

Signed Tab Does not Appear in Signature Field Properties Window of Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a fillable form in Acrobat Pro DC on a PC and have converted the document into a fillable form and I have entered a digital signature field.  I would like to lock editing of all the text fields once it is signed but when I open the signature field properties the Signed tab does not appear so I am unable to assign any post-signature limitations.  Can someone help? 

The properties window that I see is pasted below: 

clipboard_image_1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Signed Tab Does not Appear in Signature Field Properties Window of Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a fillable form in Acrobat Pro DC on a PC and have converted the document into a fillable form and I have entered a digital signature field.  I would like to lock editing of all the text fields once it is signed but when I open the signature field properties the Signed tab does not appear so I am unable to assign any post-signature limitations.  Can someone help? 

The properties window that I see is pasted below: 

clipboard_image_1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 10, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want you use Adobe Sign?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand Adobe Sign correctly, it kind of works like Docusign in that you fill out the form and when you're ready to have it signed, you send it using Adobe Sign. However, this will not work for me. I have to create a fillable form as a template that gets sent to our consultants to fill out and sign. No one signs the form when it is first sent out. Once it's signed by the consultant, it gets sent to our project managers who make sure the information is correct. Once it's finalized, the PM needs to send it to a final reviewer who signs it and the document should get locked at that point. To use Adobe Sign wouldn't the consultants have to have Adobe Sign? If so, that's not going to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2019 0
Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does you create a Adobe Sign form?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow me to clarify. The template form actually needs to simply be saved on our network for our Project Managers to use whenever they need to send out to their project consultants for signature. I am not the one sending the form. Each PM will need to do it and we are not going to purchase access to Adobe Sign for every single PM. This is why I am not creating an Adobe Sign form. However, if you are suggesting this can be done with Adobe Sign, can you include a link to instructions on Adobe Support that show how to do this?.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2019 0
Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a Acrobat form.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point is that you HAVE made an Adobe Sign form. You need to turn it back to a regular form. Tip: the question "Does this form include signatures" really is asking "Do you want to make an Adobe Sign form". Catches everyone. You can turn it back under More options.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2019 1
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! Thank you for clarifying, that's a very simple fix. That is a tricky question and now everything works as it should. Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Can you provide me with a few more specifics as to where I need to go and what I need to do to fix it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0