Highlighted

Signing acrobat documents with yubikey

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to This Document I shoudl be able to use a PIV smartcard to digitally sign documents in Acrobat Pro DC (currently using 2020.006.20042 on Windows 10).

It doesn't seem to recognize my Yubikey 5.  The Yubikey is basically a smartcard with PIV and I have a 2048 bit RSA key installed in it.

Should this work?  Any tips/guidelines?  Do I really need to add an additional .DLL (or extension) to Acrobat to get this to work?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Signing acrobat documents with yubikey

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to This Document I shoudl be able to use a PIV smartcard to digitally sign documents in Acrobat Pro DC (currently using 2020.006.20042 on Windows 10).

It doesn't seem to recognize my Yubikey 5.  The Yubikey is basically a smartcard with PIV and I have a 2048 bit RSA key installed in it.

Should this work?  Any tips/guidelines?  Do I really need to add an additional .DLL (or extension) to Acrobat to get this to work?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 15, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested in this question too.  Did you ever figure this out?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: It worked like a charm on my MacBook Pro with the latest version of macOS. If pertinent, I had setup both my certificate ---and- my Yubikey 5C NFC card using that same MacBook Pro, and so my certificate was both stored locally (Keychain on the Mac) and in my Yubikey.

However, I'm now attempting to setup on my work PC, and it does not recognize the device (error message states this).

Adobe: Please advise why the device is not recognized even though it is working properly for logging into other services on this PC?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 1