Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple JavaScript for Custom stamp issue

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day.

I have a custom stamp and I am just trying to get Adobe Acrobat to ask the user to enter characters (a string) then it display in the stamp. We call it  a GL code (finance term in company)

I am very close but the only issue is Adobe Acrobat prompts the user to enter the info twice - once when selecting the stamp in the menu and again while actually using the stamp.

This is the current custom script code:

var cAsk = "Enter the GL Account (i.e. HEN.60201)";
var cMsg = app.response(cAsk);
{

event.value = cMsg;
event.value = event.value.toString().toUpperCase();
event.source.source.info.DocumentState = cMsg;

}

Anyone know what I need to add or change so it only ask the user when placing the stamp in the PDF and NOT when choosing it from the stamp menu?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Place this around your current code:

if (event.source && event.source.forReal && event.source.stampName == "STAMP_AP_VALUE") {

// rest of code goes here

}

To find out the AP value of your stamp apply it to a page, then select it and run this command from the JS Console:

this.selectedAnnots[0].AP

Copy the outputted value into the code provided above, instead of STAMP_AP_VALUE.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Place this around your current code:

if (event.source && event.source.forReal && event.source.stampName == "STAMP_AP_VALUE") {

// rest of code goes here

}

To find out the AP value of your stamp apply it to a page, then select it and run this command from the JS Console:

this.selectedAnnots[0].AP

Copy the outputted value into the code provided above, instead of STAMP_AP_VALUE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines