Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simplified Field Notation Showing File Format Errors

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I have put together a fillable form that has about twenty fields that are then subtotalled into five groups. The field names for three of those groups are:

1. INCOME

2. HOUSING

3. DEBT

I then apply three straight-forward calculations using Simplified Field Notation. 

1. HOUSING/INCOME

2. DEBT/INCOME

3. (HOUSING+DEBT)/INCOME

The field names containing each of these calculations are:

1. "HOUSINGINCOME"

2. "DEBTINCOME"

3. "HOUSINGDEBTINCOME"

The data fields are formatted as numbers with 0 decimal places and the name and tooltip agree.

The calculation fields are formatted as percentages with 0 decimal places and name and tooltip agree. The calculations appear to work - until the form is saved and then reopened.

My problem is that when I open the form and try to enter the first value, I get a JavaScript Window Warning "The value entered does not match the format of the field {HOUSINGINCOME}which is the field where the calculation is. I also get several of these warnings when I reset the form.

Is there a simple custom calculation script that I could use to prevent these warnings when the numerator or denominator are blank??

ANY thoughts would be very greatly appreciated!!!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will get this warning when INCOME is zero or empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick response. Although its elementary math, I'm surprised there wasn't an Excel type indication. Your reply spurred me on to figure out custom calculation script containing "if" statements. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines