Simplify "Convert to PDF" from right click context menu

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inside Windows Explorer on Windows 8.1 I used to be able to right click a document and select "Convert to Adobe PDF" and it would ask me where to save and then quickly go through the process...

Now the same option is there, but it opens MS Word after asking me where to save... it then forgets what I just told it and asks me to save again. This time it succeeeds and Word exits afterwards...

I have Adobe Acrobat Professional X. This isn't the end of the world but it adds hours to my week for sure - I really appreciate any insight anyone can provide. Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We bought Adobe software so we would have this option.  Then, they updated it, now the option isn't working like it was.  They select all their files and now Adobe wants to open each file in its own application, then convert each file one at a time.  That's not how it was working.  You could select multiple files, be it word, excel, another pdf, .txt file and it would ask for a name then print all the files selected to a PDF file output.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the operation on my machine - Windows 10/Acrobat Pro DC (latest), and it did NOT open Word, but rather gave me the opportunity to name and target a location for the PDf, which it made properly.

Is there a specific reason you are staying with Acrobat X?  What version OS are you running?  Might the older Acroabt version not be fully compatible with your OS?

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Dave__M.

Windows 10 Enterprise. Version 1909, OS build 18363.1379.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2019.012.20035.

You are correct. It does prompt for a document name, then it opens the first file in its controlling app for a split second, for example, Word, then it creates the PDF, closes that, and moves on to the next file with the same process required of each selected file.

I would like it to convert the selected files into one PDF file as it did before the last update. Select all files, right click, choose Convert to Adobe PDF, give it a name, then and it converts all those selected files into one PDF.

It does have the 2nd option to Combine Files in Acrobat.  We may be forced to start using that more clunky process.

Thanks,
Theresa E. Bruce

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines