• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simply I have no pdf driver among printers

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat CC. All the Apps work correctly but I simply have no pdf driver among the printers.

• Photoshop has no printer available and I am not able to produce any pdf.
  • With Powerpoint I can produce a pdf via File/Print/Save as Adobe pdf but I could not discover any way to modify presets. By the way, "Typo quality" standard preset produces a file about one third of "Minimum size". How to explain that?
  • Indesign uses indeed Acrobat when I use File/Export and is the only one that I can really use.
  • Distiller never starts a process (for each of above).

I am using:

• Macbook Pro i7 2016 16G RAM
  • Mac OS 10.15.6 Catalina
  • Updated Creative Cloud

I have already tried more times removing everything and reinstalling (Acrobat and Apps).

I have another Mac (Pro) with the same problems, so maybe I have not understood something. I never had similar problems with Windows that I used for years.

Someone would kindly help me?

Thanks 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Photoshop: save as PDF. INDesign: export to PDF. There is no Adobe PDF printer in today's macOS. Even in Windows the Adobe PDF printer should not be used with CC apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop: save as PDF. INDesign: export to PDF. There is no Adobe PDF printer in today's macOS. Even in Windows the Adobe PDF printer should not be used with CC apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It was helpful!

Can be good to know that the point 2 (Powerpoint) cannot be used if you have not at least one printer defined (any type). With no printer, you cannot set the "Save as Adobe pdf" setting in the drop down list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Powerpoint : File menu : Save As : PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again, but in that way I did not find any way to change pdf preset. It just start and produces the pdf file.

There is also an Adobe menu added in Powerpoint. It has 2 items:

• Create pdf
  • Preferences

If you choose "Create pdf" it again does not ask for any preset. Furthermore, the "Preferences" menu has only one option for online pdf processing and does not allow to change presets.

How can I control the presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines