• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since InDesign exported interactive pdf no longer works...

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interactive pdf exported from InDesign no longer function like before and I still don't understand why Adobe did it. Very frustrating indeed. I tried to just place multimedia into the pdf with acrobat too, it works. HOWEVER, I can't change the size of the media at all. Any solutions to this at all? Adobe is seriously killing me... I need HELP. Thanks :'(

p.s. thanks to adobe its 3:48 am and I am still trying to figure this out so that I won't die for my portfolio submission. Haha. :')

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Activate the grid view. This help you with the position and size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This menu entries are only active when you select 2 or more objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! After selecting 2 or more objects, the size options are no long greyed out. However, when I click into the height or width option, nothing happened... Very weird indeed... Any idea why this might happen? Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does you use this menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because since InDesign exported interactive pdf is no longer functioning, I want to place video within a pdf via acrobat and then adjust its size and position in the page more accurately, so the portfolio page will look nice and neat when I present them instead of just drawing a random shape for the video to place and drag it around the page without any precision to position it. I hope this makes sense! Thank you so much for replying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the size point the mouse on the points and drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if there is a way to input the size? For instance, if I want the video to be 16cm x 16cm positioned in 5cm and 5cm (x and y-axis accordingly), how could I do such adjustment precisely instead of drawing them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activate the grid view. This help you with the position and size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should know that Flash Player will die in a few weeks and its no longer supported, see:

- https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/rich-media.html

- https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Flash Player die, what will happen to all existing interactive pdf with videos in it? Will they be no longer viewable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes…

Hélas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines