Highlighted

Since last automatic release update of acrobat DC (15.023.20053 ) ,

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able anymore to create/modify/sign on / .... =>  to do anything with my pdf.

Error Popup : ?RunInsideAppSandBox@LinguisticManager@devtech@@SAXXZ can not be found in library of dynamic links C:\Program Files (X86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Plug_ins\Spelling.api

When I try to go through Creative Cloud Appplications, it works !? . But it's not affordable because I used to choose my pdf files from Windows Explorer and then to launch Acrobat from there... And moreover, I am not sure that it works when my computer is offline...

Could you please raise that error upstream, in order a fix to be delivered ASAP  ?

Note : I tested on my 2 computers ( Windows 10, and Windows 7 ), it crashed as well on both ...

Thank you

Topics

Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able anymore to create/modify/sign on / .... =>  to do anything with my pdf.

Error Popup : ?RunInsideAppSandBox@LinguisticManager@devtech@@SAXXZ can not be found in library of dynamic links C:\Program Files (X86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Plug_ins\Spelling.api

When I try to go through Creative Cloud Appplications, it works !? . But it's not affordable because I used to choose my pdf files from Windows Explorer and then to launch Acrobat from there... And moreover, I am not sure that it works when my computer is offline...

Could you please raise that error upstream, in order a fix to be delivered ASAP  ?

Note : I tested on my 2 computers ( Windows 10, and Windows 7 ), it crashed as well on both ...

Thank you

Topics

Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a User2User forum so we may not be able to address your issue and we certainly cannot fix Acrobat.

You should use the feature/bug report page for this issue and contact Adobe Acrobat support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about your problem. Please let us know the following information to reproduce/isolate it at our end:

1) File version of: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\AdobeLinguistic.dll

2) Is a reboot pending on your machine? If yes, please reboot the machine and try again.

3) What other Adobe products are installed on your machine?

4) Please elaborate further on this:

Does it mean that if you first launch Acrobat DC through Creative Cloud and then open a pdf file from Acrobat File-> menu it works fine but if you double click a pdf file in Windows explorer to open in Acrobat DC it does not work?

Or the behavior which you see is something different than our understanding?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same problem since the last update.

1) File version of: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\AdobeLinguistic.dll

2) Is a reboot pending on your machine? If yes, please reboot the machine and try again.

No reboot pending

3) What other Adobe products are installed on your machine?

Reader 11.0

Creative Cloud

4) Please elaborate further on this:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like AdobeLinguistic.dll file is not updated on your machine.

Please let me know the Product version of Acrobat DC installed on your machine.

If it is 15.023.20053 or higher, how did you apply the update? Automatic update or through "Help-> Check for updates" or some other way?

Please share the following updater logs, so that we can check why the file is not updated:

Go to %temp% directory and share files:

AdobeARM.log

AdobeARM_NotLocked.log

Also, go to C:\Windows\temp directory and share files:

AdobeARM.log

AdobeARM_NotLocked.log

Also, please send a copy of this file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\AdobeLinguistic.dll" (rename the file to .txt)

Please send these files to my email id (shared via private message).

Thank you for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version installed is 15.023.20056 – Updates installed over Creative cloud and App direct … files attached … hopefully you can help

Thanks … Ludwig

Diese eMail (einschließlich aller Anhänge) kann vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen enthalten und ist nur für den angegebenen Empfänger bestimmt. Zugriff, Bekanntmachung, Vervielfältigung und/oder Verbreitung und Verwendung des Inhaltes durch Dritte ist/sind nicht gestattet. Bitte löschen Sie diese eMail, wenn Sie nicht der angegebene Empfänger sind und benachrichtigen Sie uns. Der Absender übernimmt keinerlei Haftung für die Virenfreiheit dieser eMail. Es obliegt Ihrer Verantwortung, diese eMail und ihre Anhänge auf Viren zu prüfen.

Von: Mohd Amish

Gesendet: Freitag, 20. Januar 2017 06:56

An: Ludwig Hoos <lh@ludwig-hoos.de>

Betreff: Since last automatic release update of acrobat DC (15.023.20053 ) ,

created by Mohd Amish <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mohd+Amish> in Creating PDFs - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/9275919#9275919>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ludwig,

I did not get the files. Please mail them to my adobe email id directly from your email id. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this is the only Email address I got from you … the other one is NO

REPLY@

Version installed is 15.023.20056 – Updates installed over Creative cloud

and App direct … files attached … hopefully you can help

Thanks … Ludwig

Diese eMail (einschließlich aller Anhänge) kann vertrauliche und/oder

rechtlich geschützte Informationen enthalten und ist nur für den angegebenen

Empfänger bestimmt. Zugriff, Bekanntmachung, Vervielfältigung und/oder

Verbreitung und Verwendung des Inhaltes durch Dritte ist/sind nicht

gestattet. Bitte löschen Sie diese eMail, wenn Sie nicht der angegebene

Empfänger sind und benachrichtigen Sie uns. Der Absender übernimmt keinerlei

Haftung für die Virenfreiheit dieser eMail. Es obliegt Ihrer Verantwortung,

diese eMail und ihre Anhänge auf Viren zu prüfen.

Von: Mohd Amish

Gesendet: Freitag, 20. Januar 2017 06:56

An: Ludwig Hoos <lh@ludwig-hoos.de>

Betreff: Since last automatic release update of acrobat DC

(15.023.20053 ) ,

created by <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mohd+Amish> Mohd Amish in

Creating PDFs - <https://forums.adobe.com/message/9275919#9275919> View the

full discussion

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send all the files to mohd@adobe.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot locate those files anywhere and I changed my folder options to show hidden files just in case. I cannot use my acrobat at all.

Charlie Olds

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do the following:

1)      Enable Installer logging on your machine as per: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/223300/how-to-enable-windows-installer-logging

2)      Take a backup of your %temp% directory and clean up %temp% directory.

3)      Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features and select “Adobe Acrobat DC”

4)      Click “Change” -> “Next” -> select “Repair” option and click “next”

5)      After the product repair is completed, verify the file version of: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\AdobeLinguistic.dll  [It should be: 9.1.0.22317]

6)      In case, the version is not 9.1.0.22317, then please share the installer log file from %temp% directory.

Msi log's file name is random. However, the first letters are "Msi" and the file name has a ".log: extension (size should be in MBs)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem since the new update. Tried what you said, but didn't change things. My version of AdobeLinguistic.dll is 9.0.0.21565. I can't use comments any more.Screenshot_AdobeAcrobat.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share the Acrobat Repair log with me?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mohd,

I fixed it with a complete reinstall, but there's still something very wrong with the installation files that this should show up on so many different computers. Greetings, Joe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Joe. You are right. There seems to be something unexpected with the update on these machines.

The problem is we could not reproduce it in house and till now we haven't got hold of any user machine which is in this "bad state" (prior to product reinstall) to isolate the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

I too am experiencing this problem (running Acroabt DC on a Windows 10 Professional 64-bit HP Spectre X360 machine.  Am just about to try uninstalling completely and reinstalling.  Will let you know how it goes.  Very disappointing that a product that costs at the top end of the market has so many flaws.  Foxit is looking more attractive!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since that trouble, I addressed the issue to Adobe Acrobat support.

They answered with a step by step procedure ( see below ) that solved the problem on my two computers ( Windows 7 and Windiw 10).

Here is the copy/past of the Adobe Acrobat Support 'Solution . :

1. Go to control panel >programs and features and then choose Acrobat pro DC and uninstall it
2. Press windows + R then type appdata
3. Go to local >Adobe >delete the Acrobat folder
4. Again go to appdata >Locallow>Adobe>delete the Acrobat folder
5. Again go to appdata> Roaming >Adobe>delete the Acrobat folder
6. Again Press windows + R then type Regedit
7. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER then software then adobe
8. Delete the folder name Acrobat ,Acrobat Distiller,Reader and pdf settings
9. Again go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then software then Adobe
10. Delete the folder name Acrobat ,Acrobat Distiller,Reader and pdf settings
11. Again go to Local Disc C drive >Choose Program Files ( x86) >Adobe >And see if any Acrobat folder is there or not >Delete it from there as well

Download the latest version of Acrobat from the link below and install Acrobat Pro DC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

I uninstalled Acrobat DC using the Creative Cloud app, rebooted my notebook and then reinstalled Acrobat DC using the CC app.  So far so good, the problem seems to have gone away!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I had the exact same error earier this week. I uninstalled Acrobat via CC, did a system scan, reboot, reinstalled and haven't had an issue since.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mik_1 LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue here, no hint found here helped. Had the wrong version for that dll. Deinstalling Acrobat and the reader app and after that deleting the program folders, then reinstalling acrobat fixed it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines