• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Adobe

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the options to reset preferences and unchecked show online storage (both options), yet it seems to just slow down to a crawl.

It happens when opening 3 or more documents and sometimes when .  I'm running Adobe DC 32bit version 21.001.20149

I have an i5 and 8GB of memory.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meant to finish that sentence.  It starts to slow down when 3 or more documents are open and sometimes just whenever.

I'm wondering if adding more memory and installing the 64bit version would help out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big are those three PDF files that you concurrently have open? Additional memory, i.e. an upgrade to 16GB might help. But it is exceptionally unlikely that the 64-bit version will assist at all.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough, they are under a megabyte each.  The slowness happens at random and occurs with large files or small files.  I am going to just give her a new laptop to fix this issue as a workaround, until we can figure out the root cause.

I do not have access to this employee's laptop currently as they do not work some days.

Anything would have to be tried next time they are in the office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given the transient nature of this problem on that system in terms of what happens in Acrobat, it may be that there are other system configuration issues that are “eating” system computer, memory, and/or disk resources.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's not.  I've disabled much of the startup items and this happens whether or not Outlook is open.  The only thing that's open is Chrome and Outlook.  And at times nothing is open.  Unfortunately I've tried to explain away all of these things as to what could cause the slowdown.  And it happens at time when 80% of the system RAM of 8GB is available and there's little to no CPU activity.  Thanks for the reply, though.

I'm leaning towards just buggy.  It didn't happen in the previous version before it updated to this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines