Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow opening and closing of PDF's in Adobe Pro

Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've read a few issues regarding this but no real fix that has worked for me.

i have several users all using latest version 20.013.20064. complaing of slow opening and closing of PDF's. some large size, some small, some from cloud, some locally on desktop. all same symptoms that hangs badly (not responding for maybe 10-15 seconds) when opening and closing PDF's. i've read some 'fixes' regards disabling showing of online storage when opening and disabling enhanced security setting but not really helped

has anyone had this issue and managed to fix it? i've tried full uninstlal and reinstall too 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you have the latest version of the application and experincing slow opening and closing of PDFs.

I have tried to reproduce the issue on my end and its working fine. Please try to reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

You may also try to repair the installation (Windows Only) Go to Help  > Repair Installation.

Try turning off the protected mode (Windows Only) for testing  as described below and see if that helps:
Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup' Turn off the protected mode aand Uncheck Enhanced Security > Click OK and reboot the computer.
Note: Turning off the protected mode may possess security risks. Please turn on the security after testing,

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test usrer profile in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Amal thanks for your reply

i logged in as a new user (myself) and seems to be working fine, so is a user related issue. is there anything i can do to fix current user profile as would be a lot of work to delete completely and create users windows profile from scratch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Are you encountering this issue due to the user profile on other apps also apart from Acrobat?

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi. Purely Adobe Acrobat issue. all PDF's small, big, local, cloud based...all very slow opening and closing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and the issue does not occur for a new user as you mentioned in your earlier post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct. is related to a specific user not all 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the issue exist in older version also, i.e. before applying the latest quarterly patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only had the complaints in the past 2 weeks. I have maybe 20 users all on the same version. Only affecting a handful of people. All using identical machines and using same network. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, can you provide us with 3-4 process dumps during the hang both at the time of open & closing of file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent an earlier email stating my user's are having the same issue.  This issue started after the update - when trying to view a pdf quote in our Sales application, the application shutdown and pdf doesn't open.  Version 20.013.20064 - not able to save a dump file to send. This is slowing down our user's in sales and purchasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, as per your posts it seems the issue is happening on some users and not all users. Could you answer few queries to further isolate the issue?

1. Does it happen for all the PDFs for those users or just certain types of PDFs?
  2. Is it reproducible for these users every time for the same PDFs or is random?
  3. What is the content of these PDFs. Do these PDF contain any form fields or a scanned document or normal text invoice?
  4. How are you viewing these PDFs? It would be great if you could explain a bit here.

Also, if any kinds of dumps / procmon logs during the hang would be great in order to further investigate the issue.

Thanks

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

happens to every single PDF, small, large, scanned pics, text 

i created a word doc that said hello on it. saved as a PDF. opended and froze for maybe 10 seconds...finally opened. then with no changes made closed the PDF...froze again for maybe 10-12 seconds and closed. exact same symptoms on all PDF's 

i log off the PC as this user, log back in as myself and the exact same PDF's open fine and fast so to me is something in the user profile. are there any Abode profile settings that could be causing this?

i will get log files for you asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this same issue since the latest update.  It happens sporatically, on certain users.  When they view an attached pdf from Sales program, it closes Sales program and pdf doesn't come up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent an earlier email stating my user's are having the same issue.  This issue started after the update - when trying to view a pdf quote in our Sales application, the application shutdown and pdf doesn't open.  Version 20.013.20064 - not able to save a dump file to send. This is slowing down our user's in sales and purchasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing the same issue with version 20.013.20064.   Ever since upgrading to this, my users cannot view PDFs through our sales program as well as from our web browser based document management system.  The first PDF loads fine, but any subsequent PDF viewing crashes the program completely.  We have tried adjust the security to no avail and forced to roll back to the previous version of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hnbsteven,

Could you please provide the process dumps during the hang process, so that we can investigate the issue at our end? Right now the issue is not reproducible in-house so we haven't been able to find out the cause of the issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me which sales program is being used here? Are you using SAP here?

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinod,  I'm not using SAP but it's a banking sales app.   I tried the registry settings posted at https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/latest-upgrade-of-acrobat-pro-makes-internet-explorer-crash/t...  and it seems to be working so far...  

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown]
"bDisallowDLLUnload"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown]
"bDisallowDLLUnload"=dword:00000001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all sorry to dig this up from the grave but stil having issues regards very very slow opening of PDF's some as small as 60kb. program takes forever to open them and then when go to close out of Adobe it hangs for maybe 20-30 seconds...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the registry fix was a temporary solution but Adobe had released an update to address it.  I would check to make sure you have the latest update available.  https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i have version 20145..is painfully slow opening and closing of every single PDF. 

i'll try the reg fix and see if helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

still the same after reg entry

only is one user. i log in as me and open the same PDF and opens fine, then closes fine. log out and back in as other user and issue is there. has to be a profile issue with user but bot sure what needs to be done or cleared etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines