Copied

ADOBE SUPPORT

cases  

CRM:REMOVED

CRM:REMOVED

ADB-REMOVED

Please,

I am client Wilson Scarpelli, with email REMOVED

Years ago, with order #REMOVED I acquired from Adobe – Brazil, the software Adobe Acrobat Professional (Windows, English), version 8.1.1, which came with the following serial number:

REMOVED

During a few occasions, I changed the computer or the Windows and; in these opportunities, I used the serial number above to “register” the soft with Adobe.

So, I used continuously for all of these years, without any problem at all.

At the present, the software is installed in a Dell Precision Tower, model 5810. Everything was fine, but Microsoft forced me to chance the Windows, from the 7 to the 10. To install the Windows 10, Microsoft required that the Hard Drive be formatted, eliminating all the installed programs. That was done.

When I reinstalled the Adobe, in the same computer, I as asked, as usual, to “register” it. When I presented the serial number above, Adobe informed me that the number was not that, and asked for a new number. It also gave me 22 days to work with the software.

So, during 22 days I was working with the software and, during the period, the software worked very fine, and Adobe kept asking me to “register”, and keep rejecting the number above.

It seems important to emphasize that during the 22 days period the software performed perfect, without a problem. I could not find a better one.

When day 22 arrived, a white panel appeared in front of the screen, and I could not use the software any longer.

Let’s examine the case:

1. When I bought the software, I was not informed that I had a definite period to use it.
  2. I am still the owner of the software that I bought, with its serial number.
  3. I do not see any reason at all to be prohibited to use the software bought with my money.
  4. It is anti-ethical and totally wrong for Adobe to prohibit me to use what I bought.

I do not know what you might do, but I know one thing you should do: Do not stop me of using the software. You have not any arguments at all to do it.

The consultant that I talked with said that you “do not give support to this product any more.”  That is okay, but I am not asking for support. I asked to maintain the right to continue to use what I bought.

I keep myself waiting for your instructions on how to proceed to liberate the software of this artificial snag.

Yours,

Wilson Scarpelli

P.S. – In the meantime, I bought the Acrobat Pro DC. It is quite inferior to the Professional I was using.

[personal information removed for your protection]
[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[NEVER POST A SERIAL NUMBER IN A PUBLIC FORUM !!!]
[You have just given your serial number to everyone who read this message before]
[I deleted the number... or people who receive all their forum messages via email]

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See your duplicate message https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/reactivade-adobe-acrobate-professional/m-p/10983664?pa...

Your old Acrobat 8 is a DEAD PROGRAM that may not be activated

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines