• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Social Media Sharing of PDF

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a pdf (exported from Indesign) that will be offered online as a free ebook. I want to give readers a way to share the pdf on social media - whether it be facebook, twitter, etc. Is there a way to create this feature with Acrobat or Indesign?

I found this potential work around, but it doesn't seem to work:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/itsorganised/itso+resource+library/social-share-buttons-pdfs.pdf

Thank you!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, these sites don't allow you to share PDF files. The way to do it is to upload the file to a file-sharing website (like Google Drive or Dropbox) or to your own website (if you have one), generate a public link and then post that link to your social media account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but what I want is to make it possible to have people share the PDF on their own social media sites. I don't want to send people to my social media. That would be easy to achieve with a simple hyperlink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same link can be used anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You won't be sharing your own "social media sites" by using this process. You are sharing the link to the PDF file, it won't go anywhere else, just bring up that file.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines