Highlighted

Solution to "Bad Parameter"

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution for the thread titled, "BAD PARAMETER Error when Deleting Pages in Acrobat".

To fix the "Bad Parameter" issue and maintain bookmarks do the following (I have Adobe Actobat 9 Pro):

1) Open the corrupted file

2) Click File

3) Then Combine

4) Then Merge Files into a Single PDF

5) The corrupted file should show up in the Combined Files screen

6) Add any other PDF file that isn't corrupt, prefferable just one page (move the new file to the bottom)

7) Hit Combine Files

8) Follow any prompts and save the new file.

9) Open the new file and delete the new page(s) and any new bookmarks.

Sorry for posting it here but I couldn't figure out how to reply to the original post.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Solution to "Bad Parameter"

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution for the thread titled, "BAD PARAMETER Error when Deleting Pages in Acrobat".

To fix the "Bad Parameter" issue and maintain bookmarks do the following (I have Adobe Actobat 9 Pro):

1) Open the corrupted file

2) Click File

3) Then Combine

4) Then Merge Files into a Single PDF

5) The corrupted file should show up in the Combined Files screen

6) Add any other PDF file that isn't corrupt, prefferable just one page (move the new file to the bottom)

7) Hit Combine Files

8) Follow any prompts and save the new file.

9) Open the new file and delete the new page(s) and any new bookmarks.

Sorry for posting it here but I couldn't figure out how to reply to the original post.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 30, 2013 2
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI,

Here was the original post.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1167915#1167915

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2013 0
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This procedure is how I was able to fix my PDF too. I was getting the error when trying to replace pages, but the error may occur when replacing, inserting, or deleting pages.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 08, 2013 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

save as file to postscript format and then distiller i hope your problem is solved

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2015 0
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In these instructions ... I opened the corrupted file, when to FILE, and to my dismay, there is no option to COMBINE

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2014 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place both documents on your desktop.Highlight both files. Right-Click > Combine files in Acrobat...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2014 0
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks .......!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2014 0
New Here ,
May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the dreaded "bad parameter" message when trying to replace one page of a complex 532 page PDF.   I created a new clean one page PDF and appended it to the end of my big PDF and then tried the replace command again. Success!  Then deleted the appended clean PDF.  All good.

This solution works. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2015 0