Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some annotations not visible in Adobe Acrobat

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a PDF which which I have annotated using the Files application on my iPad Pro (using the Apple Pencil). I can view most of the annotations fine in Acrobat, but there are some which I cannot see. I can, however, see them in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Foxit Reader. After I open the affected PDF in Foxit Reader and do a Save As, I can see the annotations in Acrobat.

An example:

Page 6 of the PDF in Acrobat:

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 18.24.20.png

Page 6 of the same PDF in Chrome:

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 18.24.40.png

This does not affect all annotations :

Page 9 of the PDF in Acrobat:

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 18.28.27.png

Looking at the Page Content Information, I can see that there are no annotations listed on page 6 (the first example), while page 9 shows a square annotation:

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 18.33.04.png

Given that the annotations are working fine in some cases but not others, and the data is obviously there. I assume it has something to do with the way the annotations have been saved. This is supported by the fact that Foxit can save the exact same PDF, and Acrobat can suddenly view the annotations.

Is there an easy way for me to fix this in Adobe? Or a way for me to find ​why these annotations aren't working?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Hello JLambeth,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and see if this brings any difference.

Chrome and other PDF viewer have their own functionality to preview the PDF files, and if there is an issue with the PDF, Acrobat may or may not display the annotation properly.

Have you checked with any other PDF, or is it specific to one PDF only? Is it possible t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JLambeth,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and see if this brings any difference.

Chrome and other PDF viewer have their own functionality to preview the PDF files, and if there is an issue with the PDF, Acrobat may or may not display the annotation properly.

Have you checked with any other PDF, or is it specific to one PDF only? Is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can try it at our end?

To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

If Acrobat Pro is installed, please try running OCR, save the PDF file and check again.

Also, what is the dot version of Acrobat installed, to identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anand,

We have the exact same problem. Some annotations are not shown when we open the file in Acrobat Reader.

When we open the file in Edge they are shown. 

We can make the annotation visible by making the annotation square bigger,

Could you help us with this?

greetings Marjolijn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand Sri,
I have the same problem.  MS Edge Innotations are not show up completely when the .pdf is view in Adobe Acrobat.  All the annotations do show when the .pdf is opened in edge or Chrome or Edge.  

My Adobe Acrobat is updated to the current version.

We use Edge ink annotations to grade student work submitted in .pdf.  Some of our annotations are not showing when the files are opened in Adobe Acrobat. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

~ Rich 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share with us a sample file that demonstrates this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem File Link 

This file should have ink annotations on both pages.  They show when opened in Chrome, but the first page does not show when opened in Acrobat.  

~ rich 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue. A person in my company added some handwritten annotation on a PDF using an iPad. As he shared the file with the team, no one could see his notes, only the original PDF.

We tried opening the file in different browsers and they ALL WORK fine. Only Adobe products won't show the final result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines