Highlighted

Some PDFs not opening with correct file name

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I often receive PDFs by email. Only the ones forwarded to me from a specific co-worker open with the wrong file name - when they open, the name that displays is the title of the document, not the name of the file. Does that make sense? When I rename it and save to my own computer, the displayed file name does not change to the name I gave it. Other PDFs I receive by email don't behave this way, they open showing whatever the sender named it. What's going on? 

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Some PDFs not opening with correct file name

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I often receive PDFs by email. Only the ones forwarded to me from a specific co-worker open with the wrong file name - when they open, the name that displays is the title of the document, not the name of the file. Does that make sense? When I rename it and save to my own computer, the displayed file name does not change to the name I gave it. Other PDFs I receive by email don't behave this way, they open showing whatever the sender named it. What's going on? 

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that fixed it. It doesn't explain why only some PDFs opened that way, but that's less important. I appreciate the quick response. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the initial view of PDF files you can specify to display the file name or the title.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF