Highlighted

Sound Clips broken by latest update to Acrobat DC

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update to Acrobat DC has resulted in all the sound clips being disabled - in that they no longer play. You can record a sound clip but you cannot play it unless you either rollback to an earlier version of DC or use Acrobat Pro etc. 

Put a ticket in with Adobe to confirm all this and they did just that, confirm it was a bug in the lastest update. At this stage a very useful feature of Adobe DC 'the sound files comment option' is broken.

I guess my question is does anyone know how long it will be before Adobe fix this? 

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sound Clips broken by latest update to Acrobat DC

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update to Acrobat DC has resulted in all the sound clips being disabled - in that they no longer play. You can record a sound clip but you cannot play it unless you either rollback to an earlier version of DC or use Acrobat Pro etc. 

Put a ticket in with Adobe to confirm all this and they did just that, confirm it was a bug in the lastest update. At this stage a very useful feature of Adobe DC 'the sound files comment option' is broken.

I guess my question is does anyone know how long it will be before Adobe fix this? 

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same thing with the latest update to Acrobat Reader DC.  
Looking forward to an update that corrects this issue soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I note that they see have just done an update and it has not fixed the problem. I am not sure how many users use the audio files but I am concerned that Adobe are going to take forever to fix this bug. It's interesting but I've been reading some antidotal evidence that PDF's are becoming less and less used as users move to other formats. This may lead to Adobe pulling back on its support for Acrobat as part of cutting costs  - I hope this is not the case.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0