Highlighted

Specify Item Value in Dropdown list (like old Livecycle days)

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the old Livecycle days, I could check Specify Item Value in the Dropdown Box list. A number value was exported to a list box. The box would generate certain text based on the value.

The new Acrobat doesn't have that. Is there a workaround to make that happen again?

I need to select from
Reactivate

Deactivate

Delete

In other places in the form, I want to desplay the below text based on the selection.
Reactivate Account

Deactivate Account

Delete Account

If Radio Buttons accomplish this, I would use them.

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Create PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Specify Item Value in Dropdown list (like old Livecycle days)

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the old Livecycle days, I could check Specify Item Value in the Dropdown Box list. A number value was exported to a list box. The box would generate certain text based on the value.

The new Acrobat doesn't have that. Is there a workaround to make that happen again?

I need to select from
Reactivate

Deactivate

Delete

In other places in the form, I want to desplay the below text based on the selection.
Reactivate Account

Deactivate Account

Delete Account

If Radio Buttons accomplish this, I would use them.

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Create PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no work around because Adobe Acrobat is a whole different thing than LiveCycle Designer. Even if these two products (LiveCycle and Acrobat Pro) used to be bundled in version 9 of Acrobat, they were still two separate things.

You're inquiring about a  feature that was unique of LiveCycle. Moreover, LiveCycle was replaced later by Adobe Experience Manager, which is also a different platform than Acrobat.

What you're asking can be done in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC using JavaScript and additionally integrate the use of Adobe Sign  with your forms to automate the filling and signing, publishing a PDF form on the web, and to create  reusable PDF agreement templates in a very convenient way that looks similar to some of the editing features in AEM (but is still a different platform).

With Acrobat JavaScript you'll be able to produce dynamic PDFs with dropdown menus and list boxes, checkboxes, and radio buttons and assign them with export values  to produce the results that you're looking in your PDFs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to pass along that I found a way to make it work. I made 3 text boxes and set them as read only and hidden. I stacked the boxes on top of each other. 

In the three buttons, I named them the word that I wanted to show when I clicked the button. In Properties - Actions, under Execute a menu item, I set up a Show field for the word I wanted AND a Hide field for the other two words 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 1
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Forms are perfectly capable of doing what you want. You don't need to use this screwy workaround.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every display item in a list has both a display and an export value. All you need to do is set the export value.

You can do this exact same thing with radio buttons. 

You don't need to use hidden text boxes. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 1