• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed up Acrobat DC OCR

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat DC to OCR a LOT of pdfs and it is not even coming close to using the resources of my PC. Is there a way to force it to use more resources? 
Currently it is maxing out at 7.6% CPU and 770MB RAM. 0% disk use (1.1MB/s)
How can I make this go faster? Thanks!
PC specs: 

Specs.JPG

Usage:
Usage.JPG

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here:

Cristian5E0F_0-1599775343024.png

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your processor has 10-20 cores, so this is max CPU for an app running on one processor. Acrobat can't do better than that, it's maxed out. You can do 19 other things really well, that's what your CPU power is about, not one thing very fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meaning DC isn't optimized for high core count CPUs?

I think CPU Usage was the same across all cores for DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, like most apps it can only use one core. The system will constantly reschedule work, hundreds of times a second, and will choose a different core each time; but still, only one at a time.

Acrobat is designed for very low volume, interactive work. If you are trying to automate high volumes it isn't the right tool for you. I suggest you look outside Adobe's products in this case, though we can't use this forum to recommend any in particular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines