• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spinning Ball on Acrobat SOLVED

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like many others I've had an impossibly slow Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader (latest versions) on a Mac at work.  I'm using Mac OS 10.14.6 (Mojave).

I have solved the problem (temporarily?)  by opening the Adobe Acrobat application icon (by right clicking on the icon and clicking 'Show Package Contents').   Once in the folder marked 'Contents' I have opened the folder marked 'Plugins', and then disabled the Folder named 'Accessibility.acroplugin'.   How have I disabled this?  Simply by renaming it (I just put a 'x' in front of the name, so that it reads xAccessibility.acroplugin).  It doesn't matter what you rename it.

And hey presto, Acrobat now runs like streaked lightining.  I haven't been using it long enough to find out what important things might have been disabled with the Accessibility plugin.  So far, no problems with anything. Perhaps someone at Adobe can advise?

Hope this helped someone.  Like many, I was getting super-frustrated at this.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

HI,

This was a bold move, can you tell us if this affects your ability to run the Accessibility Checker as described here

Using the Acrobat Pro DC Accessibility Checker (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

This was a bold move, can you tell us if this affects your ability to run the Accessibility Checker as described here

Using the Acrobat Pro DC Accessibility Checker (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eric, I am happy to report that the Accessibility Checker seems to work fine, despite this tweak.

As to the 'bold move', well not so bold actually.  All I have to do is remove one 'x' and ... SNAFU !

I'd be grateful if you could let us know of any possible problems encountered with this adaption.  I guess the code for that particular plugin needs rewriting.

best wishes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines